Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires are still obsessed with fireplaces (Patch 1.69.57

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [V] Vampires are still obsessed with fireplaces (Patch 1.69.57)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a vampire in a house with a fireplace
What happens when the bug occurs? The vampires almost immediately go to light every single fireplace in the house and start warming themselves.
What do you expect to see? That vampires ignore fireplaces for the most part, they really dont need to light them in summer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I had the issue before this patch but the patch that was supposed to fix it made it so much worse.

Updated my game last night and played without mod and cc, vampires are still obsessed with fireplaces, even more than before as i didnt notice the issue much until now.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 10 (1,431 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires are still obsessed with fireplaces (Patch 1.69.57

Hero
@skyemuu Someone found this about Vamps and temperature resistance: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Vampire-freezing-to-death/m-p/9850593

Could this be the reason for what you're seeing as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,318 Views)

★ Guide

Dont think so, this happened with vlad in a new save and he'd never visited the onsen. Neither had his wife who was a newly created vampire. I had it happen again yesterday in a different save so i checked the sim and she still had the temperature resistance buff while going to warm up by the fireplace.

Message 3 of 10 (1,287 Views)

Hero
@skyemuu Thank you for checking.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,278 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I see this also on PS5. My vampire walks through the house and lights all the fireplaces one after the other. I deliberately turned off the heat and put out the fireplaces for testing and she'd light them every time and warm herself when they were all lit.

The Sims™ 4_20201214113725.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20201214113825.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20201214114153.jpg

Message 5 of 10 (1,249 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul sul everyone!

We're still investigating this issue but if people are willing to share save files with us that would actually help our team a lot!

Here's a link to the instructions on how to send save files to our team.

Thanks all and Happy Simming!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 10 (1,227 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [V] Vampires are still obsessed with fireplaces (Patch 1.69.57

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, my vampire just attempted to immolate herself in the fireplace.  I made her extinguish herself, put out the fire, take a shower... and she immediately re-lit the fireplace. 

The game season is fall and it's warm outside.

I just used MC Tuner to forbid her from lighting the fireplace.  Vampires are suicidal enough as it is, thanks.  This particular Sim previously was obsessed with standing outside in direct sunlight and playing violin with emotion without any sun resistance.

I also sent you my save.

Message 7 of 10 (1,024 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [V] Vampires are still obsessed with fireplaces (Patch 1.69.57

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue (without mods/cc)?  If so, we'd like to collect more affected save files.

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 10 (857 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh, I just posted something similar under the general "obsessed with fireplaces" - I feel my instance probably goes better under here! I'm on PC and have everything - except the new kits released this week. I use CC and mods.

I had the same as a previous poster - I used Vlad in a new neighborhood (Windenburg) and his wife was newly created. They do have a teenager now. The wife was turned. They both went back and forth lighting fireplaces for about 30 minutes. I had to remove most fireplaces, the ones outside were replaced with heating lamps. They have one in the living room, that they still go back and forth to light. The fireplace is fully upgraded and also CC content. So I also removed the CC and used a regular fireplace, still occurs.

I do have a thermostat in the house and they use it as well. I am unsure if it was hot or cold outside. I'm having weather issues in Windenburg, so a majority of time (90%) it's normally raining/thunderstorming.

Message 9 of 10 (796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I literally just had this issue. My game's updated, but I don't have issues before or even a few hours ago (I didn't install new mods/cc). My sim's a mermaid-vampire hybrid (mod), she constantly goes from one already lit fireplace to another which is really annoying. Guess I'll remove my fireplaces for a while.

Message 10 of 10 (769 Views)