by SimGuruIcarus

Original Post

[OPEN] [V] Vampires Obsessively Wash Hands

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as a vampire.
What happens when the bug occurs? They'll frequently autonomously wash their hands.
What do you expect to see? Not nearly as much obsession with hand washing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've noticed something odd recently. For some reason, vampires seem to obsessively want to wash their hands ALL the time. Yes, even with a green hygiene bar. I do not see this occurring with human Sims, just vampires. I haven't played with vampires in a while, so I can't pinpoint exactly when this started happening, but I do know that vampires weren't always this drawn to washing their hands.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 9 (2,838 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Vampires Obsessively Wash Hands

Hero
Tagging this as needs input cause I played vampires yesterday for a long while to test some stuff and did not notice this with mine at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,774 Views)

Hero
Added to list as needs input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (2,742 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My vampire ALWAYS washes her hands. She'll leave a conversation mid speech to wash her hands.

Message 4 of 9 (2,714 Views)

★★ Novice

I also had a vampire who washed his hands all the time. It was never a huge problem, I always just considered it a quirk. But it was a little odd, as he would stop actions to wash his hands ALL THE TIME. 

Message 5 of 9 (2,649 Views)

Champion
I played Vampires recently and didn’t see this behaviour at all. It was the Vatores.

When they had low hygiene I sent them to take showers or baths. I don’t recall them ever washing hands.
Message 6 of 9 (2,635 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Mine will wash their hands about as much as they will check their phones if they have nothing to do.  

Message 7 of 9 (2,574 Views)
Highlighted

EA Staff

Hi there!

If someone is still experiencing this behaviour, can you please send us your save files?

You can find instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks for your help! Standard smile

Message 8 of 9 (2,547 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [V] Vampires Obsessively Wash Hands

★ Guide

I noticed it too. They do it in the middle of conversations, when carring for toddlers, after woohoo, sometimes they even stop the woohoo to go wash hands. 

Message 9 of 9 (2,521 Views)