Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Vampires Obsessed with Fireplaces

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire in the household, have an unlit fireplace.
What happens when the bug occurs? Vampire Sims constantly try to light fireplaces when it isn't cold.
What do you expect to see? Vampire Sims not obsess over fireplaces, especially if they are sitting in a room with a lit fireplace.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I thought maybe it was just my teen vampire, but no, his parents do it as well. The second and third screens the parents are walking down the stairs at the same time. I have many screenshots of this happening but can only attach 3. It's never cold out either, they just are drawn to the fireplace to light the thing all the time.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 10 (2,032 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [V] Vampires Obsessed with Fireplaces

Hero

• Vampire Sims will no longer be affected by temperature, so they won't be constantly obsessed with lighting fireplaces trying to get warm.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,400 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

I have noticed this too for a long time. Like moths to a light. There can be a frigging heatwave outside and vamps will still light and stand next to fireplaces and warm themselves.

Considering they are not affected by cold or heat they must be casting secret ancient vampire fire spells or something...

If a vamp family has non vampires visiting or living with them the non vamps oddly don't get overheated or react to it being on.

Message 2 of 10 (1,967 Views)

Hero
@aidans1985 You're on PC/Mac, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (1,953 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Yes PC
Message 4 of 10 (1,943 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this one, could someone possibly share their save file with me? Thanks so much!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 10 (1,907 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [V] Vampires Obsessed with Fireplaces

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,875 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [V] Vampires Obsessed with Fireplaces

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Sorry if this is considered a bump, but I just had this happen in my latest test save (based on Teknikah's World of WIPs save file). Caleb Vatore was having a nice Welcome Wagon visit with the Delgatos when he suddenly ran into another room (Cats and Dog's pre-made Dogearred Den), and I had no idea what he did there. I then soon enough noticed him warming himself in front of Cat-Centric Corner's (also C&D pre-made) fireplace (like in the pic). (Never mind that it's summer AND a heatwave!) After I sent him home, I soon discovered that he had actually lit the fireplace in the other room, too! X-D

Since I'm testing mods with a downloaded empty world save, I'm afraid I can't send it. But hopefully this will help, nonetheless.

Message 7 of 10 (1,846 Views)

★ Apprentice

This has been driving me insane.  I didn't realize it was just vampires but it seems to be an accurate assessment.  My vampire (Jace Vengris) at University has been obsessed with lighting fireplaces the moment he's not doing anything else.  I've never seen him warm himself at them but he will go and light every fireplace in the house.  It's the middle of summer!  Once they're lit, there's no issue but the moment they're put out, off he goes at the first opportunity to light them.  It's maddening.

Here's my save (and I sincerely hope I did it right): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvZzpaFJ_W3dnz7tgGEHQEyj2SdG?e=RWn6Xd

Message 8 of 10 (1,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

i had the same problem. but I  moved the vampire out of the household. so i don't know if my savefile would be of use.

edit: i had the impression it was especially when it was an heatwave.

Message 9 of 10 (1,720 Views)

Hero

• Vampire Sims will no longer be affected by temperature, so they won't be constantly obsessed with lighting fireplaces trying to get warm.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,401 Views)