Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [V] Occult eyes changing to human colors on children

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Toddler stuff, Backyard stuff, Kids Room stuff, Romantic Garden stuff, Movie Hangout stuff, Spooky stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a vampire child with vampire eyes. Have the child shower at the gym right before school so that they attend school in a towel. (A few days may need to have passed, as all test subjects have been at least 5 sim days into childhood.) This scenario has has caused the glitch 3 times. Another option is to have the child go through the "I'm a bear" phase and attend school in the bear suit, but I have only had this happen 1 time and not tested it specifically again.
What happens when the bug occurs? The vampire eyes will be replaced with normal sim eyes of a random color. There is no way to reverse this either! Using the CAS edit cheat to modify the sim's appearance allows you to change the eyes back until you exit CAS when they will again appear as another random human eye color.
What do you expect to see? The vampire children should not have their eye color change.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have only tested this a few times, but it happens under the conditions I listed. I tested it specifically and got the glitch and it did happen every time I tested it. There may be other causes as well, but these are the ones I know of. Thanks!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 53 (12,197 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] Occult eyes changing to human colors on children

EA Staff

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

Thanks for all of the information and files sent about this issue. The saves we got from you all have helped us reproduce the issue for Child sims.
But we haven't been able to reproduce the issue for toddlers on our end.

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods) for toddlers, would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 46 of 53 (7,071 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] [V] Vampire eyes changing to human colors on children

★★ Novice

I have also had this problem! Non of the aforementioned mentioned scenarios occurred to cause it. I simply loaded my game after a few days break, And found this Issue. The same thing occurred to my 2nd of 3 children shorty after, My third child who just aged up is fine for now.  There toddler phase had no issue, And all 3 had the correct eyes when they aged up. As said above when i attempt to change them through Cas, Upon returning to the game they just revert to a random, human eye color.

A Rad flag i found was one of there mothers was taken from the gallery, I made sure it did not have the custom content Tag, And have no custom content installed. However After saving My family to the gallery, It said there was CC installed. Unless the mod i use, *MCCC control center*  Instigates that tag, This Could have something to do with it. 

Message 2 of 53 (12,040 Views)

Hero

MCCC is a huge mod and make stuff marked as cc.

Please try without to see if the issue still occurs.

I can't take reports on modded games in here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 53 (12,037 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry if I'm not supposed to answer in here but I searched for the problem and found this thread.

My experience with this bug is that it first starts appearing after the child was at school for the first day, I had 2 children both Vampires that aged up on an friday so they had 3 days without school and in those 3 days the eye color never changed but after the first day at school the eyes from both my children changing to human eyes.

I'm not using mods/CC and now as soon as the children aged up to teens I changed the eye colors one last time to the vampire eyes and as teens even after going to school the vampire eyes stay the color I chose

Message 4 of 53 (11,987 Views)

Hero

Why should you not be supposed to be answering here ? Any info you got is useful.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 53 (11,971 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, you can edit them as teens or older, however it is very annoying when it happens to kids and you have a long sim life span. Interesting that you had it right away after going to school. It definitely is related to school, though for me it had to involve the sim kid wearing a costume that isn't in their normal attire. I got lucky with the twins I tested since it was a good way to see what caused it to happen to only one of them. Still, very interesting to know I am not the only one to have this glitch, and I hope that it can be fixed in the future Standard smile

Message 6 of 53 (11,939 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, I had it happen again in a new file... I've been not allowing this child to go to school using cheating to keep his grades up and he's learning his skills at home Standard smile Wouldn't you know it he thought to go through the "I'm a bear" phase while the family was out! I swapped households briefly, after making sure he was not in his bear outfit, to give his friend some void critter cards so they could play... big mistake. When I swapped back his eyes were brown. So I took him into CAS (full edit mode) and made him a toddler, changed his eyes back to glowing, left...then went back in and made him a child again. The eyes stayed glowing but this is hardly a fix--he lost all his skills. Either way, I think I can say now it isn't just related to school, but the non-regular outfits (towel, bear costume) remain a consistency. I hope this info update can help!

Message 7 of 53 (11,891 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @KaitySpirit @XxNata92xX

Do you still have save files that have this issue?  If so, would you be willing to share them with me?

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 53 (11,853 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

sadly I don't have that file anymore

Message 9 of 53 (11,847 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I am also getting this issue. Was a fix ever found? Its happening on multiple of my vampire children and I like to take screenshots. So its been really annoying. I use no mods/cc.

Message 10 of 53 (11,572 Views)