Re: Toddlers In CAS issue

by mgmgonzales5

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] Occult eyes changing to human colors on children

EA Staff
@Builds4Wizards Yes, It would be great if we can get a few more saves. If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the files.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 41 of 53 (1,419 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [V] Occult eyes changing to human colors on children

★ Guide

Same! My child daughter normally has black eyes with the neon blue iris and it changed to regular human blue eyes. It's happened before - I wasn't able to fix it so I Exited without saving and I guess that bought me some extra time. This was maybe a month or two ago. I read somewhere in one of the previous threads that it had something to do with them going to school, and it checks out. I JUST started playing so atm I don't mind restarting without saving but naturally I wouldn't mind a fix ^^'

Message 42 of 53 (1,342 Views)

★ Guide

No mods, btw!

Message 43 of 53 (1,335 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

....I thought after 4 years that'd be fixed but nope, still happens to me too.

Message 44 of 53 (1,316 Views)

★ Guide

i dm'd you!

Message 45 of 53 (1,284 Views)

EA Staff

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

Thanks for all of the information and files sent about this issue. The saves we got from you all have helped us reproduce the issue for Child sims.
But we haven't been able to reproduce the issue for toddlers on our end.

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods) for toddlers, would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 46 of 53 (7,203 Views)

Spellcaster Toddler Eye Glitch

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Toddler aged up with the full white eyes of his father, but after outfit change (despite confirming eye color remains the same before committing clicking the check to return to live mode), eye color changes to human mother's eye color. No option to undo.

1: Toddler ages up with white on white eyes, no pupil (like father's)

2: Enter CAS; edit outfits

3: Return to Live Mode; child's eyes have turned green

4: Recover save; repeat actions 1 and 2

5: Confirm eyes have not changed before returning to live mode; eyes have turned green again

Recovered Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OLlmP15cmcWwdbE9FtwMw6azPZipN2_W/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Toddler is now a Child, the issue still persists.

Message 47 of 53 (1,155 Views)

Re: Toddlers In CAS issue

★★★ Newbie

Yes. I am playing on PS5 and having this issue as well

Message 48 of 53 (968 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just encountered this issue with my vampire toddler. She had one of the vampire eyes and it was working until today. The last thing I did was have my sims play on one of the beaches in Tartosa. I saved while my toddler was playing in the ocean and exited my game for the day. When I logged back on today, she was bugged out in the eyes. It's frustrating as I don't want to wait until she ages up to a teen to fix the problem. I have two images attached, the first one are the eyes she is supposed to have and the right is what happens every time I try to leave cas with the fixed eyes.

Message 49 of 53 (678 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've had this happen as well even with all mods and cc disabled. I also noticed with one vampire child sim that sometimes the tiny custom bat symbol that vampires have for their needs would show the normal symbol for human Sims instead. It's like the game seemed a bit confused about the occult status of the kid, despite him being naturally born as a vampire, strangely enough. 

An interesting thing is also that if cc is enabled, they don't save any custom eye colours either when the bug occours, even if the custom eye colours are human only.

Message 50 of 53 (624 Views)