[BY DESIGN] [V] NPC Vampires don't autonomously come in anymore

by Tazzykiki

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] NPC Vampires don't autonomously come in anymore

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@burin077 I already try this, i put my sim (i'm playing with 1) to sleep around 22h, it's the same. Vampire came in, knock, and go away. I try, too, invite them in, but they don't do anything, just enter in the house, go to computer, and go away.

Message 21 of 55 (3,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Since they don't answered, i tried to figured out the problem.

I like to play my game with longer time of life and the option "Auto Age (Unplayed Sims)" disable. So again, i started a new game, and the atack happen, i think 3 days after (game time).

I don't know if it's suppose to be like that or it's a bug. So if you have the same problem as me, and your vampire it's not attacking, try to activate Auto Age (Unplayed Sims)Wondering

Message 22 of 55 (3,623 Views)

★★★ Guide

Not sure how long this has been a thing, but I do have this issue as well. Vampires will show up and then just stand by the front door like any other visitor. Haven't noticed if they knock, but they don't come in and they never bite. I can invite them in like any other guest and they'll hang for a bit and then leave, but they never snack on any of my sims or really act at all like vampires.

All but one of the vampires that stop by regularly have the ability to break in (I checked) and several of them have the ability to turn sims, though NPC vampires never autonomously do that.

Message 23 of 55 (3,502 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Caleb just broke in, mesmerized my Sim but then didn't bite. Strange ...

Message 24 of 55 (3,482 Views)

★★ Guide
@alanmichael1
This is what just happend to me. I wonder if it is connected with: Vampires are not able to drink from mesmerized sims. I had two vampire who broke in (appartement CL) and non of them bite my sim. In earlier patchversions it worked for me (now latest Patch 1.61.15.1020 PC).
A fix would be nice.
Message 25 of 55 (3,431 Views)

★ Guide

I also have this problem. I have never had a vampire break into my house. :/ 

Message 26 of 55 (3,146 Views)

★★ Pro

When Vlad broke in I immediately woke up my SIM and he mesmerized her anyway, then went to play on the computer. I assumed it was because I had the sense to wake her up, but since he was already on the prowl to mesmerize that went through. Caleb I think is not biting because if I remember correctly he's a guilty drinker. Vlad, on the other hand, had no problem discovering my SIM had pleasing plasma my first vampire break in encounter, but so far I've only had two break ins ever. Although usually my SIMS are up late so I usually end up with them standing outside the door with me going "No! Go away! I'm not letting you in!" *laughs*

Message 27 of 55 (3,119 Views)

Are Vampire break ins a thing of the past?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So I've noticed that vampires don't seem to  be breaking at all. I've never had a vampire break in and I have read that they took it out of the game? Is there anything I can do to trigger break ins?

Message 28 of 55 (3,071 Views)

Re: Are Vampire break ins a thing of the past?

★ Guide

Yes, but if you want them back check out ZERO's Pateron, he has a mod that adds it back and lots of vampire mods Standard smile

Message 29 of 55 (3,063 Views)

Vampires Never Invade Sims Home Lots - Attacks Broken

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires is the specific pack I'm having an issue with, but I have everything but Batuu at this point.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install the Vampires pack. Play for a while.
What happens when the bug occurs? There are no more vampire break-ins/attacks, pretty much ever. I had only three attacks/home invasions in an entire 18 months of owning the Vampires game pack.
What do you expect to see? I expect my Sims to be attacked/invaded by vampires at least occasionally, especially if they're interacting with vampires, researching vampire lore, or have the "Vampire Nexus" lot trait equipped for their lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The Vampires pack has been broken since I first bought it - vampire attacks were an intended gameplay feature, and part of why I bought the pack in the first place, but they haven't been working properly for over a year at this point. I'm filing a bug report since this is supposed to be in the game and I haven't seen another bug report filed yet.

If this was intentionally done by the developers in response to some pack buyers not wanting this feature, can I suggest to the dev team that they add a toggle in gameplay settings to turn attacks on/off or set the intensity? Or potentially fix the "Vampire Nexus" lot trait so that vampires actually show up and attack Sims instead of loitering in front of peoples' houses and not doing anything.

We've seen this toggling of features and difficulty setting functionality added for other packs such as Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, and Snowy Escape, and most recently in Paranormal Stuff with the hand object. That way attacks wouldn't bother the people who don't want them, and those of use who bought the Vampires pack because we wanted vampires will be happy.

Edit: since this got merged with an older post, I'll add in a few more details as they seem relevant:

• I've had this issue since I first bought the pack, back in fall(ish?) 2019. Vampires was my second or third pack, after Strangerville. Since then the bug has evolved from vampires loitering and not coming in autonomously to attack Sims to vampires never appearing at all at home lots without having "Vampire Nexus" equipped as a lot trait - and even with Vampire Nexus, vampires just show up and loiter at the front door and don't break in/attack.
  • I've had five different save files and this has been an issue in all of them. I play with aging off (both played and unplayed Sims) if that helps at all.

Additional note (maybe unrelated?): Vampire Nexus does not work at all in Strangerville, I've not had any vampires autonomously show up there. Friendly vampires do show up through the social system, but not unknown vampires.

Message 30 of 55 (3,042 Views)