Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [V] NPC Vampires don't autonomously come in anymore

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work. Vampires, Dine Out, Parenthood, Spa Day. Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire break in on a public and private lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) some npc vampires will knock at the door and stand there until invited in, and then when you invite them in they just hang around for a few hours and then leave. 2) When Vlad does his usual first bite(after introducing himself) he will walk up to the door and then turn around and leave, having done nothing. 3) Sometimes when on a public lot, a vampire will enter and my sims are unable to leave until the vampire quits trying to bite someone. This will last for several sim hours and the vampire won't even do anything!
What do you expect to see? Vampires breaking in, biting the targeted sim and leaving.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happened after I made a new save. At first, less vampires had tried to break in(I assume this was an update), but now when they do show up, they don't do anything unless you interact with them!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 55 (9,059 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [V] NPC Vampires don't autonomously come in anymore

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as this is currently functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide. Thank you!  

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 55 of 55 (1,137 Views)

All Replies

Re: Glitching Vampire Npc's

Hero

Hi @Tazzykiki

does this also happen if you start a new save ?  (just talking about 1 & 2 as 3 is covered in the other thread you posted in :D)

Which lot does your Sim live on ? Does that matter ? Do you have any doors locked ? Any garlic around ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 55 (8,904 Views)

Re: [V] NPC Vampires don't autonomously come in anymore

EA Staff

Hi @Tazzykiki

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

Message 3 of 55 (8,883 Views)

Re: Glitching Vampire Npc's

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not too sure because I've been in one save for a while now. I don't have any doors locked and it happens on any lot. I never use garlic. The only time I did was when Vampires were first introduced and they broke in almost all the time, but that was way far back.

Message 4 of 55 (8,864 Views)

Re: [V] NPC Vampires don't autonomously come in anymore

★★★★★ Novice
Message 5 of 55 (8,860 Views)

[BUG?] Vampires don't invade the sims house.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.75.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Base + Digital Deluxe / Seasons / Vampires / Romantic Garden Stuff / Movie Hangout Stuff / Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the Game Pack Vampires
What happens when the bug occurs? At night. 22pm
What do you expect to see? Vampire's invasion event.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi.

This is a problem i notice in the game. The Vampire invasion neve happen in my game, they only came at night (23pm), knock the door, stay for a while and go away. I already try everything. Removed CPs, Mods (i only use PosePlay), i start a new game, but the problem stil there, i put the sim to sleep, they know about vampires, but the problem it's still there. 

Reading a lot of foruns, i ended up on the Oficial one, now, i'm confused. Did they removed this event? Or it's a bug?

Message 6 of 55 (8,705 Views)

Re: [BUG?] Vampires don't invade the sims house.

★★★★ Apprentice

I have noticed this as well, my sim is also friends with a few vampires and they rarely visit.

So I tried to call to invite to house after 8pm and through out the night they are sleeping at night now.

before April 16 patch they were sleeping in day.

think this is the issue and was just about to make a bug report and saw this.

at first didn't show up took about a few game days. now i been testing it for about 2 weeks (in game sim time) and 1 vampire only visit 1 time and only stay till little after 10pm and was sleeping shortly after.

vampires should be sleeping in day not night.

Message 7 of 55 (8,725 Views)

★★ Guide
Same here, but it might be a tuning change?
Many have been very verbal about how annoying they find the break inns.
Message 8 of 55 (8,725 Views)

Hero

I merged your post with existing thread for this issue @ccrisan 

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 55 (8,754 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
okay. no problem Standard smile
Message 10 of 55 (8,699 Views)