Re: Vampire attack glitching

by paradiseplanet27

Original Post

Re: Vampires don't break in

Hero
@Loulicorn I merged your post with the bug report on the issue.

Could you send your save to QA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-V-NPC-Vampires-don-t-autonomously-come-in-anymore/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 55 (1,553 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [V] NPC Vampires don't autonomously come in anymore

★ Guide

I personally LOVE that this is bugged right now. I love when Vlad shows up just to leave (even when I disallow vampires), but I could see how people who want a vampire home invasion are upset.

Message 42 of 55 (1,507 Views)

Vampire attack glitching

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holiday celebration, discover university, island living, cats and dogs, get to work, realm of magic, jungle adventure, vampires, outdoor retreat, city living, get together, snowy escape, grims ghoulish guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? make a family, go sleep before 10pm each night and hope for an extremely rare vampire attack
What happens when the bug occurs? time slows, vampire spawns on lot with the attack music, vampire stuck on spot doing the creeping up walk over and never actually breaks in or attacks
What do you expect to see? vampire spawn, attack music, vampire breaks into house and drinks from sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Have a short clip but it not allowing me to load

Message 43 of 55 (1,527 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is the video recording I took of glitch (hope it loads)

Message 44 of 55 (1,525 Views)

Hero
@Moonbel21 Could you upload your video somewhere and link ? Uploaded videos here are just too small to see anything.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 55 (1,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

After adding the mod below I have had vampire break-ins in my game again.

It should offer some information on the issue.

[CM - Edited - Please don't link mods directly]

Message 46 of 55 (1,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have tried with and without this mod, but am only successful in getting vampire invasions in 19 Culpepper House, in San Myshuno. There, my Sim will be invaded multiple times in a night, even if they already have the bitten moodlet and shouldn't be able to be drank from. Everywhere else, no dice. As others have said, vampires will come to hang out but nothing else.

ETA: Sent Nick DM with link

Message 47 of 55 (1,211 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [V] NPC Vampires don't autonomously come in anymore

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Theenaabeenaa wrote:

I personally LOVE that this is bugged right now. I love when Vlad shows up just to leave (even when I disallow vampires), but I could see how people who want a vampire home invasion are upset.

Same here haha, I had this bug for so long that I forgot vampires were ever supposed to do it. I had started a new Not So Berry save and my scientist Sim was in her office working on sciency things, raising skills and whatnot... I decided to zoom the camera out (for no reason really because the Sim lived alone) and saw Caleb creeping through her apartment LOL I had an audible reaction and had to instantly pause the game. He was practically outside the door of her office. Now it's possible the game plays some kind of music or sound indicating this is happening but I'm usually watching youtube when I play so I don't have the audio very loud. This was in San Myshuno's Fashion DIstrict in the Torendi Tower Penthouse. I've been playing on PC since May 2021 and I think this is the only time it's happened. I do play with mods so I had assumed a mod was involved but now, who knows. That particular save was cursed with gardening bugs so I don't play it so much anymore.

Message 48 of 55 (1,117 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
@SilentK008 Do you know where I can find this mod? Because now that someone brought it up to me I really haven't had a vampire invasion anytime recently that I could recall...
Message 49 of 55 (1,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@paradiseplanet27 Here is the link, hope you will have your vampires back again: *Snip*

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 50 of 55 (965 Views)