Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Upgraded Fireplace catching fire a lot

by Zack4358

Original Post

Ophelia Villa fireplace

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar, Deluxe.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upgrade the fireplace fire safety, and it will start a fire occasionally, especially when Mortimer passes in front of it.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I upgrade the fireplace fire safety, it starts a fire occasionally, especially when Mortimer passes in front of it.
What do you expect to see? Fire safety prevents fires.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 31 of 47 (1,224 Views)

Re: Ophelia Villa fireplace

Hero
@dirty_milos Merged your post with existing thread.

QA is looking for saves for this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 47 (1,214 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Upgraded Fireplace catching fire a lot

★ Guide

This is still an issue for me:

I recently celebrated Christmas with my household and I put up a fireplace in order to get Father Winter in the house. But the fireplace catched on fire several times (like 4 times in a few sim hours). It was nearly impossible to celebrate Christmas in a good way because of a fire in front of the fireplace.

I ended up selling the fireplace after Christmas because otherwise my sims are constantly occupied with panicking or extinguishing the fire.

Message 33 of 47 (1,114 Views)

Objects upgraded to firepoof causing fires on haunted residentials

★ Guide

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upgrade stoves or fireplaces to firepoof, wait.
What happens when the bug occurs? The objects still cause fires.
What do you expect to see? Upgraded objects behaving as they should.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

For clarification, I don't have the cursed lot trait on. My upgraded fireplaces (firepoof & autolight) set things around them on fire around once per sim week. Only happens in haunted residentials.

Message 34 of 47 (1,075 Views)

Re: Objects upgraded to firepoof causing fires on haunted residentials

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Marinuttonen To be sure, it's your Sims that set it on fire while using it not the specters ?

The fireplace has always been a bit of an issue as reported here. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Upgraded-Fireplace-catching-fire-a-lot/td-p/6390403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 47 (1,050 Views)

★ Guide

It's definitely the fireplaces, some of them I've noticed started after my vampire sim flew into the room as bat and the autolight happened. 

I've had specters setting things on fire too, but that's all good fun.

Message 36 of 47 (1,047 Views)

Hero
@Marinuttonen To be sure what you mean by stoves, stoves Sims cook on also catch fire or just the fireplace type (cause that might just be the same issue as linked above and it's only happening for you in haunted houses for some reason) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 47 (1,045 Views)

★ Guide

I've also seen the stoves with "heat sensor" catch fire multiple times on my haunted lot, but the fireplaces are particularly annoying as it happens frequent enough and they're supposed to be 100% fireproof.

Message 38 of 47 (1,039 Views)

Hero
@Marinuttonen Thanks

I've merged your post with the other and adjusted the title a bit.

Could you send your save to SimGuruNick as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Upgraded-fire-proof-objects-catching-fire-a-lot/m-... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 47 (1,004 Views)

Upgraded fireplaces still spreading fires

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Xbox Series X
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.3.2310
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a fireplace in your house.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even after I upgrade the fireplace with fireguard, my fireplaces set fire to the house at least three times per Sim day.
What do you expect to see? Fire guard should guard surroundings from fire
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

upgraded fireplaces are still spreading fires

Message 40 of 47 (501 Views)