Re: Fireplace upgraded with fireguard suddenly catches on fire much more often

by z4a0c6gvml4j

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Upgraded Stereos can not be repaired

★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure if it belongs in this thread or not. But unbreakable upgrades arent the only issue. Theres a fireplace you can make that has an upgrade not to catch things on fire, and it never even happened before I gave it the upgrade, but since I upgraded it, it does it constantly. I had to turn it off entirely and use it as just a decoration because it does it so often. 

Message 21 of 47 (2,272 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Upgraded Stereos can not be repaired

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KaotixOL I moved your post over to the thread on that.

As QA is looking for saves for this, would you be willing to provide yours ?

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 47 (2,251 Views)

Fireplace upgraded with fireguard suddenly catches on fire much more often

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The most recent patch.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the expansions. Plus the parenthood pack and vintage glamour stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When upgrading the fireplace with a fireguard, they catch on fire much more often
What happens when the bug occurs? The fire place catches on fire about twice each sim day.
What do you expect to see? That the fireplace catches on fire less often after an upgrade.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have not experienced this issue before the last patch. I use MCCC, I do not use any CC or any mods related to fire.

Message 23 of 47 (2,239 Views)

★ Apprentice
@johanne101 YES!!! I thought it was just me and I was going crazy, but this is happening! I love to upgrade my fireplace fully with the auto light and fire guard, and every time I do, my house catches on fire. But if I don’t upgrade the fireplace at all, it can burn for days and nothing happens.
Message 24 of 47 (2,219 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The most recent patch.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except my first pet stuff
Steps: Get a fireplace -> Upgrade it with fireguard -> place a rug near it -> it will catch on fire about twice a day.
What happens when the bug occurs? Stuffs on fire yo.
What do you expect to see? Fireguard working properly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, the latest patch.

Burnt down the entire second floor of a house with this. Frown

Message 25 of 47 (2,209 Views)

Hero
@johanne101 I merged this with existing thread on the issue

QA is looking for saves on this one.

Please send then your save was asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Upgraded-Fireplace-catching-fire-a-lot/m-p/6490962...

@z4a0c6gvml4j @loconuttonen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 47 (2,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'll see if I can find the save later this evening.

I see that the thread you merged me with mentions a rug, but the rug seems irrelevant. In my save there's no rug nearby, it just seems to set fire to the nearest object. (The coffee table in my case, and then the couch right behind it.)

@z4a0c6gvml4j Yes and the auto-light seems to exacerbate the issue, as I can't put out the fire 😂 Ended up buying a new fireplace after it happened for the fourth time. Thankfully I had sprinklers and no one died. (I did have a sim die right before a fire set out though, Grim Reaper helped put the fire out before the sprinklers set in. Kind of funny but I'd still rather not burn my couch and table down twice a day)

Message 27 of 47 (2,185 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Upgraded Fireplace catching fire a lot

This just started happening to me around a month ago.

Message 28 of 47 (2,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This just happened to me again just now. I had to google it again and it’s still an issue?? I can try to send my save file but I do use mods now (mostly to help fix issues). But I did have this happen before I added mods on another save but sadly I deleted that one cuz there were too many glitches with that save file (as all my other saves which pushed me to finally use mods). 

first time it happened on the old save file, the fireplace wasn’t upgraded at all but it caught the table and objects on top of it and chair one tile over in front of it on fire and sims couldn’t put it out. Now a month or so later, after 5 different saves and sims later, I start a new save and this time the floor catches on fire, then the rug, then the couch. The fireplace only has fireguard, the sprinklers never went off (there is a roof above it), the rug was 1 tile away and the couch 2 tiles away. 

Message 29 of 47 (2,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

We've had trouble reproducing this issue, if anyone is still seeing it I'd super appreciate a save file where you've seen it occur. You can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 30 of 47 (7,440 Views)