Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Upgraded fire-proof objects catching fire a lot

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Vampires, Outdoor retreat, Spa day, Dine out, 7 stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim upgrade a fire.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upgraded Fireguarded fires, are catching on fire a lot.
What do you expect to see? Was expecting upgraded fires to not catch on fire, or not more than not upgraded ones.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Last patch.

The fireguard upgrade is causing fires, since the last patch. I had a sim living in VIII Landgraab Apt. After the patch I had a lot of fires including 5 fires in 2 sim days, which is double what I have had since playing Sims 4. I had her move to the penthouse in the Arts district and installed a fire after I had her upgrade it, I sent her to the festival outside. While at the festival I had her light some fireworks and was notified of a fire. I was searching the festival area but could not find a fire, so I checked her apartment and found the fire, it had spread into a second room through the wall, from the bedroom it had started in. My sim lives alone and as the fire had autolight as well as fireguard, I have no idea how it started.

I do use mods, but have removed my mods folder, repaired the game and started a new game. I moved a sim from my library with the needed skills into VIII Landgraab Apt had her upgrade just 1 of the fires, as soon as I had her walk into the room it caught fire. So it seems very easy to reproduce. The other fire in the apartment that I have not upgraded has not caught fire, even though its been lit since she has lived there.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 47 (9,748 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Upgraded fireplaces still spreading fires

EA Sims Team
Hello @CPJsmom!
Are you still encountering this issue?
If so, would you mind uploading the lot to the gallery and let us know the lot so that we can try and reproduce the issue.

Feel free to add any specific steps you are following to reproduce the bug on the lot you are playing.

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 41 of 47 (2,841 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Upgraded Fireplace catching fire a lot

★★★★ Novice

I'd avoid turning the fireplace on, it's a catastrophe.

Message 2 of 47 (9,611 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Is this still an issue on the newest patch available? Could you possibly share a save file where you've encountered the problem? We've had trouble reproducing the issue thus far. Thanks for the help! Info for sending me files is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 47 (9,561 Views)

★ Pro

Just tested on newest patch moved sim into the landgraab apt, upgraded fires and had a fire, early hours Wednesday morning. Have now played for a week and that was the only fire so far. So they are definitely not as frequent.

Message 4 of 47 (9,540 Views)

★ Pro

Sent the save from the new game a started today.

Message 5 of 47 (9,534 Views)

Re: Upgraded Fireplace catching fire a lot

Hero

Putting this on troubleshoot for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 47 (9,504 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Fire bug

★★★ Novice

I just had the same problem. I left my fireplace (fireproof) on and started letting my characters socialize, they were sitting right in front of the fireplace and the fire started spreading. I had one of the character attempted to extinguish it and she ended up burning and the other character had to extinguish the fire on her. Then I had both of them extinguish the spreading fire and a message stating that there is a fire going on and that this interaction (extinguishing the fire) is unavailable. I tried everything and nothing worked. I knew I had forgotten about the sprinkler but I was unable to go into Build/Buy mode. So I would love to have the firemen back.

Message 7 of 47 (9,481 Views)

Hero

Hi @GGSpiceey

moved your post to the newer thread on this issue.

Would you be willing to share your saves as per instructions above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 47 (9,461 Views)

Hero

Nudge above bookmark

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 47 (9,445 Views)

Hero

Tagging @GGSpiceey for save and feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 47 (9,408 Views)