Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS INPUT] Unlocks get lost on moving

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except a few stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the university then rejoin your current household when you're done.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every one of your families collection items (which ones you've gotten) disappears when you have a member leave to go to college then come back.
What do you expect to see? The collection tab, unlocks, and family history to be the same as before you left.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the sims university game

Leaving your household and going to the university seems to make it a completely new household resetting ALL PREVIOUS DATA- collections, job unlocks, everything when you come back.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 8 (1,866 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Unlocks get lost on moving

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Post marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

We haven't been able to reproduce, could anyone possibly share a save file where this issue has occurred? Your backup saves would probably be useful too (the .ver0/.ver1/.ver2 files). You can DM me the link to the saves, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,466 Views)

All Replies

Re: Losing all Collections/Unlocks

★★★★ Apprentice

I don't have university installed, but this happened to me. I wanted to do the Master Vampire aspiration, so no leaving the home lot for 20 days. (because of another bug that resets the counter if you leave your home lot). So, before I started, I moved grand-pa into the family so I could grab his tombstone in case he died during the time I'm stuck at home. I loaded the family up with grandpa added, and all the families collections were reset. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,835 Views)

Hero
@Necey What do you mean by family history ? Your family tree ?

Do you happen to have a backup from before it happend ? See if it happens again ? The game makes 5 automatic backups so if you haven't saved that many times, you can try recover those.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (1,834 Views)

★★★ Novice

I moved into a dorm.  There were premades which I didn't realize there would be, I kicked them out before the first sim night.  My character then moved back in with her original family after college.  Once I had moved to the dorm my following was reset:

My collections tab - everything I had found was no longer highlighted.  It had been nearly full from me playing the same family for over ten generations and finding everything

My Rewards in the shop - all of the unlocks (get this desk at level 10 of x career, etc) were now greyed out and unpurchasable from the family

It did not return when I rejoined the family.  I had gone too far too many saves (ok yes i'm a self admitted sim addict) to be able to go back before the degree.  Sadly until this is fixed I will not move into a university and not get fun on campus life :/

Message 4 of 8 (1,679 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Necey I'm dividing this thread.

Could you post here for the collections: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Collections-keep-reseting-after-IL/m-p/8036912

Using this for the unlocks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,641 Views)

★ Pro

Were those career rewards unlocked by himself? Or are you talking about actual inventory objects?

Message 6 of 8 (1,620 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Somewhat related, one of my sims lived with her boyfriend and that household had a lot of unlocks.  She went to university, graduated, and then moved back in with her boyfriend.  While she was at BriteU she joined all three on-campus organizations and became a “senior” member of two: the Art Society and Spirit Corps. Upon moving back in with her boyfriend the BriteU ping pong table, the anti Foxbury poster, and Happy Little Easel are all (correctly) unlocked in Build/Buy mode but the Spirit Corps, Debate Guild, and Art Society posters are all still locked. She received one of each of these posters upon joining each organization and the item description says “Unlock by becoming a New Member of the Art Society”.  She *was* a new member and this *was* presumably (she lived on campus so I didn’t go into Build/Buy to check) unlocked but only her “senior” level unlocks seemed to have moved with her.

Message 7 of 8 (1,572 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Post marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

We haven't been able to reproduce, could anyone possibly share a save file where this issue has occurred? Your backup saves would probably be useful too (the .ver0/.ver1/.ver2 files). You can DM me the link to the saves, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 8 (1,467 Views)