Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Unable to tend garden after installing Discover University

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get Together, Dream Home Decorator, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Luxury Party Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Paranormal Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the ritual grounds in Britechester. Click on the harvestable plants in the area. While having DU installed, go to any world with harvestables and click on plant.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no option to tend the garden or plants- no option to water, weed, spray for bugs, or harvest. Only interactions available are view plan, uproot plant, take cutting, or collect sample. Bug affects other locations in game and can not complete gardening interactions.
What do you expect to see? Options to water, weed, spray for bugs, or harvest.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I purchased Discover University and the bug occurred. Bug remained after removing all mods and CC and still occurs in vanilla game.

After buying and installing Discover University, there were no options to interact with and harvestable plants in any of the worlds.
Even when enabling cheats, plants produce no harvestables or do no go to selected state 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 14 (4,314 Views)

Accepted Solution

Rif.: Unable to tend garden after installing Discover University

EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello,

Is anyone still seeing this issue?  If so, would you be willing to share affected save files?

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 11 of 14 (2,173 Views)

All Replies

Re: Unable to tend garden after installing Discover University

Hero

@Smartie1010 

The plants you show in you pics are wild plants out in the world.  And they are not mature yet.  So you would not get most of the options on those anyway.  And the specific plants you show are sort of special given the location.  Without giving too much away, those particular ones are connected to the Secret Society.

But for the issue you are having, do you get the options on fully grown wild plants in other worlds?  And do you have any problems with plants on the home lot planted either in the ground or a pot or planter?

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 14 (4,282 Views)

★★ Novice

While doing the task for the Secret Society during the 'event' (for lack of a better term) there isn't any option aside from the ones listed.
While have DU installed I travelled to Henford on Bagley and wild plants were the same way, even after doing the cheats to force mature harvest, or make weedy or dry- even when plants were mature in other locations such as Sylvan Glade

Message 3 of 14 (4,262 Views)

★★ Novice

All of the plants are listed as 'wild'.

Message 4 of 14 (4,235 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm having the same problem with the sprites garden. One of the tasks is to tend the plants but there is no way to.

and I'm on ps5

Message 5 of 14 (4,132 Views)

EA Staff
@LathyrusLoon please don't forget to hit me too if you are still getting this issue.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 14 (4,113 Views)

★★ Novice
@Smartie1010 I saw this workaround both on reddit and a forum, I'm going to test it:

"If you enable testing cheats ("testingcheats true") and then shift click on the plant, you can set it as your sim's head. Then, shift click on the plant that is on your head, and click debug. This will put the big plant on the ground by wherever your sim is standing, instead of on your head. If you are near the altar, it will count as part of the sprites garden (I'm not sure how close you have to be, mine are within the original circle of the garden and work fine). You can now turn testing cheats off ("testingcheats false"). You will now be able to click on the large plant and use the "say uplifting things" interaction to successfully tend to the sprites' garden. You will not be able to interact with the original plant still, beyond the uproot and take sample interactions, but now you will have a massive plant that is taller than you that you can interact with instead"

Hope it works for you!
Message 7 of 14 (3,688 Views)

★ Novice

In your pictures, your sim is a teenager / high school student.

I play as a teenager university student. I am able to get my plants to mature and produce a flower harvest. Watering the plants / Tend is not an option, but I have found that the plants thrive when you build skills / relationships in the fairy ring of the OOE garden. The plants bloom at 5:00AM and are available for harvest. But all total, there are only four plants and they don't share one common season, so at most, I'm only able to harvest three plants in the spring. Tend Garden has never been an option even though I'm at 10 gardening. and I never get credit for harvesting the three flowers, and I don't get credit for taking a sample of them either.

Still, I have been able to stay in the order and advance to Senior member even without Tending Garden or Helping another student with course work.

Message 8 of 14 (2,907 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Two years later and this bug is still unaddressed like dozens of other ones.  I haven't even bothered to try the secret society until now since so many aspects of the game are broken than university seems more of a frustration than a fun time.

Even though the goal specifically states that harvesting, water and weeding count as tending when harvesting the plants without mods or cheats the goal is not progressed.

I waited a whole in game week for the harvest option to present and now that it has it doesn't work regardless of whether I harvest the plants during the event or not.  It seems as though it should work at any time since the 'leave offering' goals could be completed before or after the event as well as during.

And they expect us to pay another $50 for horses?  No thanks. 

Message 9 of 14 (2,238 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@meewelyne Thanks for the tip, but somehow this feels like a less than ideal solution. I already have to use testing cheats to make the game playable so it's not surprising, but I feel as though the Devs did not intend for you to have to replace your Sims head in order to complete a simple goal.
Message 10 of 14 (2,237 Views)