[FIXED] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

by SimStoppable2020

Original Post

Re: My sims won't go to work or school after pregnancy

Hero
@lorabollerz Does the teen have a part time job ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 301 of 329 (1,010 Views)

Re: My sims won't go to work or school after pregnancy

★ Novice

yes i did get her a part-time job. now here is the thing, i read some more about this issue and i figured out i should definitely try repairing the game through origin. and it worked. the teen and the sister did go to work and school. i didnt check by my previously pregnant sim yet. 

Message 302 of 329 (995 Views)

Sim can't go to work

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Discover University, City Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Get Together, Snowy Escape Realm of Magic, Parenthood Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not 100% sure. I downloaded a CC career and first saw this bug after forcing a promotion via MC Command Center. I deleted the CC career and switched to the standard Gardening career, but the bug persisted into the new career.
What happens when the bug occurs? When work starts, I click "Go to work" and I see it appear in the action and then disappear. I do notice that it gets temporarily fixed when I go to a different lot, but it happens again the next day.
What do you expect to see? The sim should go to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've tried a couple things already:
1. Quit job and apply again
2. Remove all mods & localthumbcache, then repair the game

On the day the sim starts the new Gardening career, there's an option to do a special Work from Home assignment. In my first try, I completed the assignment and was promoted to Level 2 before the first real day of work. I noticed that there was no Career Outfit logged when the promotion was made. So I quit the job and re-applied, this time not completing the assignment and trying to go to work as Level 1 (which I think doesn't have a Career Outfit). Neither way worked for me.

Hope there's a solution to this! Thanks for looking into it Standard smile 

Message 303 of 329 (999 Views)

Children don't want to go to school

★★★ Newbie

I have problem with the game. When it is time for children to go to the school, they ignore command and nothing happens and when the notice of the start of school arrives, no text is written but only a picture of the bus is visible. I tried to repair game in Origin but nothing has changed. 

Message 304 of 329 (972 Views)

Re: [PLEASE READ] Information/Questions about the bug forum

★★★★★ Newbie

I played The Sims4 for about 3 months. It's sometimes freezing character and now I cannot get my Sim going to work (especially Athletes, other jobs are normal). Before, this still works, but I stopped playing The Sims 4 for a while. Now I play it again and my sims cannot go to work. 

Message 305 of 329 (895 Views)

Sims won’t go to work

★★★★★ Newbie

My sims haven’t been going to work since the eco update. They won’t go on their own and they won’t go when I pres the go to work button therefore don’t get paid and the performance goes down 

Message 306 of 329 (891 Views)

Cant go to Auditions

★ Novice

Platform:Steam-PC
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Discover university, island living, get famous,city living, get together, get to work. Game packs: spa day. Stuff packs: vintage glamour, romantic garden, cool kitchen, perfect patio, holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure - for me, I got the sim to lol 10 acting skill, started the acting aspiration, and joined the acting career. My sims simply won't go to their auditions.
What happens when the bug occurs? As above. I can book an audition, get my sim ready to go (skills and mood). The "in one hour" notification triggers, but when the time comes nothing happens. The sims don't go anywhere and are fully controllable. No notifications pop. The time for the audition disappears from the career tab window, and I am able to book another audition - which proceeds to do the same.
What do you expect to see? My sim to go to the audition, and return with a notification of success or failure. Note I've never had ot work, so not certain of the "correct" process.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried removing all files from the Sims 4 folder in Documents - a brand new file with a random sim works. Tried replacing just my save file and the error still occurs. 

I've tried leaving the career, working a day in something else then going back. No joy. 

I've moved my sims to one of the stock plots and bulldozed my built home, nothing. 

The issue occurs with both my sims. 

Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated - its very frustrating! 

Message 307 of 329 (855 Views)

Re: Cant go to Auditions

Hero
@Beanyboy2802 Merged your post with existing thread.

Could you send your save to SimGuruNick as per this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Unable-to-go-to-work-school-class-audition/m-p/957...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 308 of 329 (825 Views)

Re: Cant go to Auditions

★ Novice
@crinrict Thanks - I've sent across the save file. Hopefully there will be something that can be done!
Message 309 of 329 (803 Views)

Unable to go to work from home lot

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure if it matters on the job since I currently have one sim but my spellcaster sim won't go to work in the criminal career from her home lot of 6-4-1 Hanamigawa. I had to go to a completely different lot to go to work.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim doesn't automatically go to work and when I try to manually do it from the home lot I can see an opaque circle with no picture appear for a second and then disappear.
What do you expect to see? She should be going to work automatically or when I try to press the go to work from the current lot I'm on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am unsure of whether it is doing this on every home lot and every job but it's very annoying as I end up missing roughly the first two sim hours of my sims job.

Message 310 of 329 (799 Views)