[FIXED] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

by SimStoppable2020

Original Post

Re: Sims won't go to school

Hero
@SWaMp_DOnKeYx Sorry. Must have missed that. Yeah, can't look at console ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 271 of 329 (1,493 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to school

★ Novice
@crinrict This has been ongoing the last several months for me; I've removed mods, saved the game and reloaded, and it keeps defaulting back. No way to know if and when it will show up. For instance, in a single household, one character went to university class, and the other couldn't go to work. Yellow then red in the career box, but when I click go to work, he won't. This is an original career. Frankly, I'm almost at the point of deleting the whole game. I got better things to do with my life at this point.
Message 272 of 329 (1,425 Views)

My Sim Can't Go To Work After Work Event Lead To Promotion

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All besides the star wars one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim was promoted at work through an event while she was away at work and now her icon is showing that she is at work when she is home. I had this glitch before and quitting her job and rejoining fixed it. This time that did not fix my issue. This time her icon is not grey but has the little icon you can click to control your sim at work.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim cannot go to work. The clock ticks down for her to leave for work and then she just doesn't go and the timer resets. Tried quitting and rejoining a career and it did not fix anything this time. This happened right before the most recent update and remains unchanged after the update. It has completely halted my gameplay and I have experienced this glitch numerous times now. It happens every single time there is a pop up event at work that leads to promotion. This time it occurred during the comedian career.
What do you expect to see? My sim should be able to leave the lot and go to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sim was promoted at work through an event while she was away at work and now her icon is showing that she is at work when she is home. I had this glitch before and quitting her job and rejoining fixed it. This time that did not fix my issue. This time her icon is not grey but has the little icon you can click to control your sim at work.

My sim cannot go to work. The clock ticks down for her to leave for work and then she just doesn't go and the timer resets. Tried quitting and rejoining a career and it did not fix anything this time.

This happened right before the most recent update and remains unchanged after the update. It has completely halted my gameplay and I have experienced this glitch numerous times now. It happens every single time there is a pop up event at work that leads to promotion. This time it occurred during the comedian career.

My sim should be able to leave the lot and go to work.

Message 273 of 329 (1,398 Views)

Re: My Sim Can't Go To Work After Work Event Lead To Promotion

Hero
@SeleneRoseMoon Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 274 of 329 (1,366 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone who's still experiencing this issue possibly send me your save file? You can DM me the link to the save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 275 of 329 (1,328 Views)

Re: [XB1] Sims wont go to work

★ Novice

has this bug been fixed as this is happening to me right now

Message 276 of 329 (1,276 Views)

Hero
@elz0_gr11 Moving this over to the current thread.

What platform are you on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 277 of 329 (1,262 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It happens to me too.

I play in the PC and don't use mods, also I have all the packs, but the Nifty Knitting and Journey to Batuu

You can see the bug on my save, the teen on the currently played household, can't go to school.

Save Game 

Message 278 of 329 (1,238 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

★★★ Newbie

Same problem for me, although they are not reported to be at school/work when I restart.

I installed movie hangout stuff just before starting the game today, and there was an update. Last time I played I did not have this issue.

Would be nice if this could be fixed

Message 279 of 329 (1,136 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

Hero
@kiriande Could you send your save to Nick as asked above ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Unable-to-go-to-work-school-class-audition/m-p/957...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 280 of 329 (1,134 Views)