[FIXED] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

by SimStoppable2020

Original Post

The Sims 4: Discover University - My sim doesn't go to class

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Movie Hangout Stuff and Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When my sim supposed to go to class, she does not go
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim manages to "Get to class early" but after that, the university building drops her out and I cannot force her with the "Go to class" interaction from the Jobs bar
What do you expect to see? Successfully manage attending to class with my sim, without dropping out from the building.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So I finally tried Discover University pack after the 109 bug got fixed. At her first semester, I managed to attend to all of my classes, but failed in 3 classes, so she got onto academic probation. I retook these classes and towards the end of the second week, she could not attend her classes. Normally, when she had a class scheduled, she managed to success on the interaction "Get to class early", but she only stays there for a few sim-minutes (max. half an hour) and then the university building drops her out and the exact "Attending class" interaction cannot be seen. When I click to "Go to class" interaction in the "Jobs" bar she has, nothing happens and she can't go to class. For this reason, I got her suspended from university. She can attend to her part-time workplace (cafeteria), but not to her classes. She lives in Tidal Tower, a university accommodation and studies Distinguished Biology at the Foxbury Institute.

Message 31 of 329 (2,027 Views)

Re: sims won't go to work

★★ Novice

Mine are having the same issue! I even started a new family to see if it was just my saved family and it still happened.  Very frustrating!

Message 32 of 329 (2,012 Views)

Re: The Sims 4: Discover University - My sim doesn't go to class

★★ Novice
@Anna-Hanna2000 Same with me (PS4), but I can't even go work or attend to any activities like that
Message 33 of 329 (1,988 Views)

Re: Discover University can’t take exam bug

★★★ Novice

Looks like I put the wrong patch number in by accident. It’s 1.27 

Message 34 of 329 (2,002 Views)

Re: The Sims 4: Discover University - My sim doesn't go to class

Hero
@Anna-Hanna2000 Was your Sim enrolled before or after the 109 issue ?

Are you getting any last-exceptions with that (found in documents) you could upload ?

Either create a .rar file and upload that or c/p the content to a post within spoiler tags

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 329 (1,961 Views)

Re: Discover University can’t take exam bug

Hero
@heroofkoalas Did you have issues with 109 or 134 errors with the Sim that has the issue now before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 329 (1,979 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Unable to go to work or school

★★★★ Novice

I have no go to work button at all. So they cannot tell them to go to work either.

Message 37 of 329 (2,091 Views)

Hero
@Rudiarose Are you using mods/cc in your game ? Does the Sim appear normal or greyed out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 329 (2,073 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, this happens with no mods save as well. They are not greyed out. The icon for missing work is flashing. When I click on sim there is no go to work or pressing go to work or school does nothing. 

Message 39 of 329 (2,065 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Rudiarose This is what was happening to me. In the end my entire save crashed so I deleted it and started again
Message 40 of 329 (2,096 Views)