Re: My sims won't go to work or school after pregnancy

by lorabollerz

Original Post

Sims wont go to school

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discovery university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work. Realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, outdoor retreat. Laundry day stuff, toddler stuff, kids room stuff, backyard stuff, romantic garden stuff, movie hangout stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a family game. Kids wont go after half an hour of playing or so
What happens when the bug occurs? Try to send my sims to school and the action wont click, it's as if the button just doesn't exist when I try to click it they carry on as if nothing happened. When I send them to another lot I am then allowed to click it but I've already wasted half the school day by that point and interrupted playing with the adults to have to travel with the kid -_- I've repaired my game/cleared cache like 5 times and it's still happening
What do you expect to see? My sims being able to go to school or work without having to travel to another lot first.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I got snowy escape and eco lifestyle

Dint have screen shots 

Message 291 of 329 (1,034 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

★ Guide

I have this problem too! Weird thing is that they go to school and work, but not to university classes.. And sometimes it doesn't remind me of starting class, and the class hours doesn't show. 

Message 292 of 329 (986 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Unable to go to work or school

★★ Novice

This thread is a little old, but still happenimg. 

My sim is on university acomodation, and the first days everything was fine. The day of the final exams though, the action "go to class" cancelled itself every time and she just stared at the building door like an idiot.

Game in english, no mods. Last update 17/11/2020

Message 293 of 329 (966 Views)

Sims Not Going to Class

★★★ Novice

I’ve had Discover University since launch but recently I noticed an issue where my Sim, who’s living at the UBrite campus, will walk to the building their class is in, stand outside, and miss class entirely. If I reset my Sim, he eventually shows as “in class” despite physically standing outside of the building still.

Message 294 of 329 (946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this problem too but sometimes I'm able to send them to work/school by clicking the career tab and doing it from there as a workaround. Sometimes that's not possible.

Message 295 of 329 (883 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same here

Message 296 of 329 (763 Views)

My sims won't go to work or school after pregnancy

★ Novice

So basically, i have started playing with a female sim. She had a job and was working normally. Then she got pregnant and i moved the father in with her. I got him a job, but he went on family leave. Then my sim gave birth and since then nor she or he would go to work when i tell them to. They completely ignore the command and go do something else. Eventually i made them join a freelancer career because they really needed money. Now that the kids grew up i also have a problem because they do the same thing with school. And i am so sure it is because of her getting pregnant, because that issue happened before and i abandoned that family because of it. I checked if happens without cc enabled and it does. Also reinstalled the game about two times since the first time this happened. Can someone please help me how to fix that? I really dont want to leave this family as well. 

Message 297 of 329 (770 Views)

Hero
@lorabollerz I merged your post with the main thread on this issue.

It's unfortunately totally unclear what causes it. Seems there's multiple reasons.

Did you have mods in at the time she got pregnant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 298 of 329 (739 Views)

★ Novice

when i created the new family mods were turned off, since i opened it right after i installed it and wasn't really in mood to turn them on. i played without cc when she got pregnant. 

Message 299 of 329 (732 Views)

★ Novice

update: i created a new family, young adult and a teen. the teen is ignoring my go to school command. 

Message 300 of 329 (702 Views)