Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

by Sozki

Original Post

Re: Sim won't go to Uni Class

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue, my sims was absolutely fine until the last credit and they just won't attend class. I've resetted the sim, moved my sim into different houses, click on 'Go to Class' and nothing happens. I've just dropped out of university because it made me too sad Frown 

Message 201 of 329 (1,336 Views)

Sim will not go to work/university

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Was playing yesterday for a couple of hours and then my sim randomly stopped going to her university classes. It gives me the notification an hour before class like usual, but when the time comes to leave the lot, the sim will not go. Nothing gets put in the queue, and the sim misses the event. The only thing that changes is that my sim will pull out her homework as if she's about to leave the lot like normal, but then she just puts it away. The homework completion does reset after the scheduled class should have ended. I have tried clicking the "go to class" in the jobs panel, but it doesn't do anything.

My sim does not currently live on campus, but this wasn't a problem for the first four semesters. I have tried resetting the game, moving the sim to a different lot, dropping out and re-enrolling, travelling to the university lot before the class starts so she doesn't have to travel anywhere, and nothing is working. 

I also tried getting her a job and it looks like that prompt is broken too. Just like with the university class, the sim just kind of ignores the action that should take place. 

I've been scouring the answers board trying to find similar occurrences, but none of them seem exactly like my issue. The sim never gets greyed out, the action never appears in the queue, she just continues to go about her normal actions. 

Please help!

Edit: Just tried a new household - no issues with the new household.

Edit #2: Just uninstalled and re-installed game and all expansion packs, AND repaired it on Origin - still no fix.

Message 202 of 329 (1,271 Views)

my sim won't go to work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, downloaded Knitting on 8/1/2020. Issues started prior to this download.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Windenberg 2. Mason Family 3. Claire Zest
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will not go to work. I have clicked on the "go to work" button, left clicked the sim and choose "go to work", but she does not go. My child sim still goes to school and the male sim will go to work without force. The issue began when I was given an opportunity to change careers. I have since changed 2 more times in an attempt to get it to work. I have also repaired the game to no avail.
What do you expect to see? My sim will go to work automatically.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am not very computer literate, so any instructions for repair will have to be dumbed down a bit. Step by step instructions are preferable. Thank you!!

Edit: I am able to work from home with this sim. 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 203 of 329 (1,190 Views)

Sims can’t go to school/work

★★★ Newbie

I play sims 4 on PC. Something is wrong with my game, every time it’s time to go to school/work the task comes up, then disappears. Even clicking on go to school/work won’t work. Both times it happened, my sims were 3 weeks into university. Is it something wrong with this pack? What do I do? I tried updating, deleted all game files and origin then redownloaded, and it’s still happening. 

Message 204 of 329 (1,117 Views)

Re: Sims can’t go to school/work

★★★ Newbie

PlatformPC
What is your current game version number? I can’t find the number, my last update was performed on 8/6/2020.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None, I only have the base game. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, but I’ve been switching careers a fair amount, although given the feedback from others I haven’t noticed any pattern that would suggest changing careers is the cause. 
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will not go to work. I have clicked on the "go to work" button, left clicked the sim and chosen "go to work", but there is no action added to the queue. When clicking on the sim, the button results in the same closing of the menu as though I were clicking on the ground. Both sims in my household are not able to go to work; this began upon them changing careers through the find a career button when they still had a job. I still see the late to work red animations. 
What do you expect to see? My sims should go to work automatically and the buttons should be operational. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, I’ve never used mods or custom content. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I have only recently encountered the problem, so it might be a bug from the most recent update.  

I have tried: unlocking the front door, being at a different location prior to and up until the start of the workday (even for more than 48 in-game hours), resetting my sim as an object, saving and restarting the game, and repairing the game, but nothing has worked so far. 

Message 205 of 329 (1,018 Views)

Re: June 2020 - Sims wont go to work

★★ Novice

I have Sims 4 and all related expansion packs etc excluding spooky stuff.

this occurred whilst the sim was at university and had trouble going to his classes- the button wouldn’t work. Constant resetting of game to sort out.

now the sim is in Island living and the go to work button doesn’t work. Just nothing. He will do other stuff as instructed. 

the other sim goes to university just fine.

why doesn’t it work?

thanks in advance 

Message 206 of 329 (995 Views)

Re: June 2020 - Sims wont go to work

★★ Novice

No cc or mods at all.

Message 207 of 329 (994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This happened to me also yesterday. Getting kicked from work during workday seems to cause problems (mine have gotten stuck at work over their icons even if sim is at home, or just got grey icons). My sim got kicked from work, she was a secret agent and got the event about bringing to light that some politicians are spying on other countries heads or something. (This happened twice btw. Same sim, same career.) She then got a job offering through phone and accepted. The first day of work and she won't go. Go to work -button does nothing, not from the work panel nor the action from sim itself. I have tried visiting other lots with her, resetsim, restart the game but she doesn’t go to work.

Her roommate works fine, she is studying in university.

All Expansion packs, all Game packs, all Stuff packs except: Nifty knitting, My first pet, Romantic garden, Perfect patio and Luxury party

Version 1.65.70.1020

edit. Here's save file link if that helps
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vtECkEuI3M5v_fchECMtefKkEThERMXj?usp=sharing

Message 208 of 329 (962 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I also have this problem. Sim just standing infront of the building with the book in hand. Nothing happening. I grow quite SICK and tired of the countless bugs in this game.

Message 209 of 329 (909 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] [GF] Sims don't go to audtions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm trying to play the Get Famous expansion. I had my Sim sign up for the acting career. I sign up for an agency (I tried both) and when I select a gig, it says I have an audition at a certain day/time. It gives me a 1 hour warning before the audition but then at time of audition the gig disappears and I'm never able to go to an audition. I also looked online and it sounds like a known bug a workaround is to make sure you don't travel anywhere or do anything to prompt the loading screen between signing up for gig and the time of the audition but that still didn't work. Please help I wasted money on this expansion if I can't even do the main functionality of going to gigs!
What happens when the bug occurs? Not able to go to gig, no prompt to go anywhere and gig disappears at time I'm supposed to go. There's no way for me to send my Sim to the gig.
What do you expect to see? I should have a notification saying its time to go to my gig and an option to send my Sim there (like other jobs).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title 

Message 210 of 329 (975 Views)