Sim Won't Go To Class in Discover University

by kameron1305

Original Post

My sims will not go to school since the last update. Please advise!

★★ Novice

My sims will not go to school since the last update. Even when I click on "Go To School" nothing happens. Can someone help me?

Message 101 of 329 (1,036 Views)

Sim Won't Go To Class in Discover University

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Discover University, Bowling Stuff, Dine Out, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make the Sim go to class when I press the Go To Class button.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will be standing outside of the building where classes take place, but no matter how many times I press "Go To Class", the Sim will not actually go to it. They can do anything but go to class and it results in them missing the whole thing.
What do you expect to see? The Sim should go to class when I press the button instructing them to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I control only 1 sim, he was at his dorm when he was instructed to go to class. I then made him go to the building where classes take place, but he would not go in. I can make him do anything but go to class.

Message 102 of 329 (1,152 Views)

Re: Diver work

Hero
@iYukie Merging this with master but make sure it's not one of your mods causing it in your case.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 103 of 329 (1,200 Views)

Re: Sim won't attend university class

★★ Novice
@aodoherty my sim isn't newly created at all. I have a different sim (who I've also had for a while) that will age up into a YA soon. I'm going to enroll them and see if I face the same issue.
Message 104 of 329 (1,198 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I also reported the bug to EA so I'll hope they do something about it
I thought he was to blame CC but apparently not
Message 105 of 329 (1,163 Views)

Re: My sims will not go to school since the last update. Please advise!

Champion

@TrsTorres Is this your issue? If so please let us know so the post can be merged, and please 'Me Too' the bug report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unable-to-go-to-work-school-class/td-p/9176999

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 106 of 329 (1,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@iYukie There are currently several issues going on

- Users that had the fixed Error 109/134 still seem to have issues with this
- Mod users (especially custom careers, Go to school mod) can cause this as they are all broken and need updating/removing
- Issues with Uni rabbitholes, especially for non-class interactions.
- Possibly other mods that cause issues
- Possibly other causes

For cases where it's a mod, they are easy to be resolved by removing them so it's worth checking.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 107 of 329 (1,131 Views)

Re: Sim Won't Go To Class in Discover University

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, it started yesterday after I updated the game. I don't use mods or  anything. My sim won't go to class or to work, and I can't bring him to another lot if other sims from household are on another lot. It is only one sim from the household of 5.

Message 108 of 329 (1,092 Views)

Re: Sim Won't Go To Class in Discover University

★★ Novice

It didn't start until yesterday. Until then, I had no bugs. And I only play one Sim :D 

Message 109 of 329 (1,072 Views)

Child And Teen Sims Will Not Go To School

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? fully updated
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all eps besides eco lifestyle. game packs: dine out, parenthood zero stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try getting your child to go to school
What happens when the bug occurs? my sims won't go to school
What do you expect to see? grade drops and they flunk
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

MY CHILD AND TEEN SIM WILL STILL NOT GO TO SCHOOL.

This bug has been going on for weeks. It is bringing her performance down, and making her flunk out. I thought it would be fixed when they got to high school, but it still won't resolve itself. I am running out of vacation days to use. I have updated when they told me to and everything, plus the adult sims can go to work just fine, but the child and teen sims will not go to school. 

Please help me asap, 

Emily

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title

Message 110 of 329 (1,079 Views)