Re: Sims 4 university sim won't go to class

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I can click “go to class” once class has started but it does nothing, i only have university and the free stuff and no mods as i’m playing on console. i’m living in the pleasant house and have moved them out. all other sims have graduated fine but she won’t go to class and only has the one class. what do i do?

Message 91 of 329 (2,769 Views)

Hero
@crayonchaos merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 329 (2,893 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Unable to go to work/school/class

★ Apprentice
@SimStoppable2020 Did you ever find out the solution?My sims are going to work/school.Even when I click the go to school/go to work option nothing happens
Message 93 of 329 (2,867 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@jacqlinew No i didn't, I have to debug and then restart the game, I think it is a bug that EA needs to sort
Message 94 of 329 (2,850 Views)

★ Apprentice

What did you do?Ive tried everything and nothing is working.I literally have 4 people in school and 1 working so it’s hard to ignore

Message 95 of 329 (2,843 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@jacqlinew Ctrl,shift and C - type in
Testingcheats true exactly like that. Shift click on sim and select Debug. Do they for all and restart the game. I can't guarantee it will work, it worked for me sometimes though! Best of luck!
Message 96 of 329 (2,840 Views)

★ Novice

I am currently dealing with the same or a very similar problem as described above. At first it happened to one Sim and I quit the job and it was OK, but then I took an odd job and the problem was back (Sim at home but displayed as at work, cannot access inventory). Really tried everything but then I killed off the Sim because I thought it was a one time problem since I've recently installed the Uni expansion. Then several hours of gameplay without anything wrong. However, yesterday my child Sim got this glitch in school plus the game was showing the holiday status all the time when I opened the school tab. Plus today it happened to my young aduld Sim at Uni.

The Uni problem was "solved" by quitting the semester.

The child Sim school problem "solved" by aging up, "aging down" in cas and then coming home sooner when finally in school.

Now I am just wondering how long it will hold.

Message 97 of 329 (2,788 Views)

Sim won't attend university class

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Discover University, Backyard stuff, Spa Day and Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By enrolling a sim in university and attempt to send them to class.
What happens when the bug occurs? When it is time for my sim to attend class, no action appears in the queue and the only thing they will do is take out their college notebook from their inventory, hold it for a few seconds, and place it back in their inventory. This happens no matter which way I try to send them to class.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim attend class.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When this started happening my sim lived on campus so I tried moving them into an entirely different neighborhood. My sim will still not go to class regardless of whether I click on the sim and select "Go to university class" or click the "go to class" icon in the careers tab. I've also tried by selecting the university building itself. The only thing that happens is they take out their notebook for a few seconds and then put it back. My sim has now flunked out of university due to not attending class and it's beyond frustrating. 

Message 98 of 329 (2,813 Views)

Re: Sim won't attend university class

★★ Pro
@caitlinweber Not sure but it could be a random bug which might be happened to some unlucky simmers. I'm currently having a university student sim but no problem to attend classes. Is your sim newly created in cas? My sim is actually an old sim who has been created before the patch.
Message 99 of 329 (2,773 Views)

Diver work

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Vampires, Seasons, Parenthood, Island Living, Get To Work,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure. It happens to me in the profession of diver.
What happens when the bug occurs? The job announcement does not pop up and you can't even click to go to work.Allegedly it's because of work clothes.
What do you expect to see? I can't go to work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello.
My Sim refuses to go to work and I don't know what to do with it. Shutting down, restarting, or saving did not help.
It doesn't show a job alert and you can't even click to go to work. It is allegedly caused by clothing for divers and I have to change it but I do not know how.
Is there anyone who has met this and would you please help me?
Thank you. 

Message 100 of 329 (2,777 Views)