Re: Sim won't go to work

by owlsretreat

Original Post

Go to class doesn't work

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, City living, Get Famous, Seasons.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug occurs when my sim has to go to class in university. She leaves home to go to class early, stands in front of the building and then nothing.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is not going to class so it starts to blink that she's late. The go to class button starts blinking as well, but when I click it nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? She goes to class!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the update on 4th of june I couldn't load any of my save files as it gave an error. So I waited for the new patch to fix those bugs and updated on the 10th of june, which made it able to load my games, but now it has this bug.

So I can't get my sim to go to class in uni. She goes by herself, stands in front of the building and that's it and the button to make her go to class is blinking but nothing happens when I click it.

I already reinstalled sims, deleted all my mods, fixed the game and tried starting it as Admin.

Message 61 of 329 (1,813 Views)

Re: Go to class doesn't work

Hero
@kleinelotsie Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 329 (1,794 Views)

Sims won't go to work

★★ Novice

My game was working fine until yesterday. I didn't add anything too the game. It worked fine after the update on the 6th.

they do not

=my sims will not go to work. They don't leave autonomously anymore and when I click the go to work button a dialogue pops up saying that they are already at work and did I want them to miss work. Even with them being at my house and not anywhere near their work. I removed all of my mods and I still get this error. Help.

Message 63 of 329 (1,779 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to work

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Pixie_Gates I merged your post. Are you using mods/cc in your game ?

@kleinelotsie Testing your save atm and I can def duplicate. Quick question though: Did you have any error codes on this game before the hotfix ?

EDIT

It seems that only that one Sim is affected from what I can tell. I tried some things and I think something corrupted the Sim (could be either the error codes or an outdated mod).

There's two options you can do, depending on what you want for your gameplay

• Finish the term and live with the grades you'll get (got a C- in all classes) without going to class. I just did ff so maybe you can get a better grade by doing homework and other things that don't involve a rabbithole. I would also skip the graduation party as it's probably related to rabbitholes
  • Drop out of Uni, wait 5 days and re-enroll. You'll need to start over but at least it she went to class again after doing this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 329 (1,914 Views)

Sim won't go to work

★★ Novice

I have one sim, who lives alone, and when they're meant to go to work they don't automatically go and when I press the button for them to go (both in the panel and after clicking on them) they don't do anything and try playing on the computer etc. instead.

They are a young adult and I just got them through uni but when they were meant to go to their final exam for the last time they wouldn't go and I had to go on a different sim so they would go in the background. Ever since then they won't go to work. 

All my other sims are fine with going to work. I have tried changing careers from culinary to food critic and even removed all my cc and tried repairing the game but I still have the problem.

I have seen lots of other people mentioning changing the career outfit and have tried using a cheat to edit it in cas but that doesn't seem to make a difference and there's no option to get them to wear the career outfit.

Please help, this is really annoying.

Message 65 of 329 (1,856 Views)

Hero
@owlsretreat Have you been using custom careers ? Did you delete localthumbcache files after removing mods ?

Is your Sim showing greyed out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 66 of 329 (1,842 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I don't have any custom careers but the university degree allowed my sim to get a head start in the culinary career. My sim is not greyed out at all. 

I will try delete cache after removing mods and will say if it works, thankyou.

Message 67 of 329 (1,809 Views)

★★ Novice

I've just tried going to work after deleting localthumbcache as well as other cache but it still doesn't work.

Any other ideas?

Message 68 of 329 (1,808 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to work

★★ Novice

Was this fixed?  I’m having the same issues. Was working fine yesterday, and then suddenly I’ve been unable to go to university, even if I’m standing in front of the university door. Tried going to my home lot, and other lots, but still couldn’t go. Nothing I did worked. 
Dropped out and started a career - same thing is happening. Says I start work in an hour, I get the go to work button, but nothing I do makes my sim go to work. 
Same thing is happening with clubs. I start a meeting, and normally my sim will travel to the hangout, but now nothing happens. 

Message 69 of 329 (1,879 Views)

Sim won't go to work - command does not show in action queue

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs - all except Island Living and Eco Lifestyle. Game Packs - All except Strangeville and Relm of Magic. Stuff Pack - Laundry, Vintage Glamour, Movie hangout and luxury party stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I recently downloaded my Sims4 onto new laptop. Started fresh with brand new game. Only about five Sims created so far but this has happened on two so far. It will come time for Sim to go to work and she won't automatically go to work. When clicking on sim they won't respond to command. Command isn't acknowledged or go into the Sims queue of actions to take. On another Sim he lives in a house with two other sims. They can both go to work as normal but he cannot. It's not career specific as one is a chef and the other is a doctor. This appeared to happen on Sims 3 judging from google search. It was a corrupt work outfit. Fix was to go to dresser and add a uniform but I've tried that and it doesn't work.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim won't go to work, performance suffers. It's annoying as cannot find a fix.
What do you expect to see? I expect for Sim to go work automatically or at least on my command.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Having multiple issues with this game pack but only highlighting this one so far.

Message 70 of 329 (1,838 Views)