[OPEN] Unable to Rummage in World & Community Lot trash cans

by troshalom

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Unable to Rummage in World & Community Lot trash cans

★ Pro

Thank you for the new link.  Glad I was finally able to get a working link to you today via Google Drive.  Hope it helps to pinpoint the issue.

The time you spent with follow up to get a good link is truly appreciated.

Message 21 of 32 (1,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Almost a year later and I am still having the same problem. It makes my saved game unplayable as the family I have lives off the grid and resorts to rummaging to make money and have food.

SimsRummage6.jpg

Off the Grid Bubs - Save 9 

I created a new save early May 2021 after the April update, still having the problem.

SimsRummage5.jpg

I selected another family and sent them to Oasis Springs. The children can find toys, the adults cannot rummage.

SimsRummage3.jpg

SimsRummage2.jpg

Julee Save 27 

I created another brand new save after the May 27, 2021 update and the adults still cannot rummage in public trashcans.

SimsRummage1.jpg

Omar and Patches Save 29 

Since upgrading is a huge part of the game I prefer to send my sims to rummage for parts than to purchase them. I also like having glutton sims rummage for food, which helps when playing off the grid. This has been a problem since the Eco Lifestyle patch was released pre the pack sell date. I do not own Eco Lifestyle and I have no current plans of purchasing that pack.

I am really bummed that the new issue of dark skin hues displaying for light hued sims was resolved almost immediately and this issue is still outstanding.

I have stopped playing the game because everything I enjoy playing in the game breaks every time a new pack is released.

Message 22 of 32 (1,240 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Unable to Rummage in World & Community Lot trash cans

★★★ Guide

Here is a video showing the error from a different save.

Message 23 of 32 (1,214 Views)

Trash cans are not allowing Sims to Rummage - I do not have EL

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: GW, GT, CL, C&D, Seasons, GF, IL - GPs: Strangerville, JA, Parenthood, Spa, OR, DO -- SP: bowling, fitness, kids room, laundry day, movie hangout, 1st pet, toddler, vintage glamour, Moshino, Backyard
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a Sim to rummage in any neighborhood or community trash cans.
What happens when the bug occurs? A message pops up stating: "No fresh trash to rummage"
What do you expect to see? I expect there to be trash in the cans for the sims to rummage.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 2020 game patches.

I do not own EL. Before this pack came out sims were able to rummage in the trash.

After one year since EL has come out my sims still cannot rummage in the trash. Children can rummage for toys, but sims cannot rummage for trash and gluttons cannot rummage for food.

TrashRummage4.jpg

TrashRummage2.jpg

TrashRummage1.jpg

See this bug report where I uploaded saves https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Unable-to-Rummage-in-World-amp-Community-Lot-trash... 

Message 24 of 32 (1,206 Views)

Re: Trash cans are not allowing Sims to Rummage - I do not have EL

★★★ Guide

Here is another save https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eDftzgaoZGtEd2OlsxST5PJWZzHOPjiK/view?usp=sharing 

🙎🏻‍♀️🙎🏻‍♂️ 

Message 25 of 32 (1,145 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is a mod free save:

• My Saved Game 4800000031.save - Sim name is Yum Yum - created as a glutton to demonstrate that sim cannot rummage.

YumYUum.png

This is my newest save, created to test the game after the last round of updates.

Message 26 of 32 (877 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SheriGR Before EL came out you never had to add trash to the can first. There was just trash in community trash cans around neighborhoods and on community lots.
Message 27 of 32 (871 Views)

Re: Trash cans are not allowing Sims to Rummage - I do not have EL

★★★ Newbie

Same issues here, I own all available content, expansion packs, and have downloaded every patch/update. I have been unable to rummage for trash since I installed a patch. 

Message 28 of 32 (724 Views)

★★★ Guide

Here is another save game and video. I still have the problem, three years later. I'm a bit bummed. I want to play off the grid, simple living, rags to riches and I simply cannot. Please fix this.

The bug occurred after the huge update before the Eco Lifestyle pack dropped. June 2020 https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976566/june-3rd-2020-patch-notes#latest 

Here is my save file: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\Slot_00000036.save 

I created a brand new save. I have no mods or CC in my mod folder. I used my family that I play rags to riches with that I saved to the gallery and added to a new save. I did change their traits to glutton, which is why the elder has 4 traits.

Message 29 of 32 (695 Views)

Re: Unable to Rummage in World & Community Lot trash cans

★★★★ Guide

I'm still seeing this bug

Message 30 of 32 (428 Views)