Re: [OPEN] Unable to Rummage in World & Community Lot trash cans

by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue and I don't own Eco Lifestyle.

I'm trying the Rags to Riches Challenge and it's very annoying that my sim can't rummage in the bin to find stuff.

Message 11 of 32 (1,219 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@troshalom I noticed if my sim dumps something in it, it is able to be rummaged again. But, as far as I can see, NPC's are not throwing their trash out anymore (or perhaps the "waste managers" are magically getting there first before our played sims arrive?). IDK, but it does make Rags to Riches challenges harder (or pretty impossible w/o EL pack) in other worlds other than evergreen harbor. Editing the worlds beforehand can help, but without being able to edit around the lots, not so much Disappointed
Message 12 of 32 (1,196 Views)

Champion

@bookmaster325 I found exactly the same thing (see post #5)!  So I suspect that at least part of the time people are getting confused by that (having to add trash to the can before rummaging becomes an option). I certainly was with my game!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 13 of 32 (1,186 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I thought this was meant to be in the game. The only trash cans I can rummage are the ones that you can kick over (I always rummage for parts in the pile of trash that appears on the ground) and then after picking up the cans I can either rummage through them or rummage for food (since I gave my Sim the Glutton trait). 

Didn't know you were supposed to be able to rummage through them.

Message 14 of 32 (1,172 Views)

★★★ Guide
@bookmaster325 The thing about the waste managers definitely explains why I see food on a picnic table then later it disappears, lol. 😆
Message 15 of 32 (1,169 Views)

★★★★ Guide

sorry to hear that it is fun to do that when you have kids room stuff

Message 16 of 32 (1,132 Views)

EA Staff

Hello,

If anyone is still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 32 (1,080 Views)

★ Pro

@SimGuruRitzy  I have uploaded a file for the team to look at and sent the link to you via DM.

I play on PC, have all content released to date installed and have never used mods.

I want to mention that the link you provided for instructions in your post would not work.  It kept taking me to an Invalid Parameters Specified page.  To get the instructions I used a link shown in one of SimGuruNick's posts in another thread requesting saves.  

I hope the save is helpful.

Message 18 of 32 (1,045 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem. I'm still unable to rummage in the community lot trash cans.
However I can't share my save files since I use mods, sorry.
Hopefully it will get properly fixed on the next update.

Message 19 of 32 (1,015 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @dolldrms1 

Apologies for sharing broken instruction will make sure i share a proper link going forward.

The link with save you shared is not opening says "file is damaged" shared more details on the error via DM.

Here is the proper link to for sharing save file with team

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 20 of 32 (978 Views)