[NEEDS SAVES] Trash Cans Stop Working on Some Lots

by PipMenace

Original Post

Re: RECYCLE AND REUSUE LOT TRAIT: Sims not able to throw out trash in outside bi

★ Guide
@IngeJones I actually have both the NANOCAN Touchless trash can and the outside bin. I will try selling the outside bin later and see what happens. Thanks for the tip @IngeJones.
Message 21 of 44 (1,614 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trash Cans Stop Working on Some Lots

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 44 (1,576 Views)

Re: Trash Cans Stop Working on Some Lots

★★★ Novice
@PipMenace This is what I had to do with the house that had broken on me. I got the Nano can and switched to the cat box that laser destroys the cat waste. The outside can remained full (mostly of leaves because the father had thrown them away instead of burning them. I could see the bags sticking out of the bottom of the bin. Frown But at least I was eventually able to clean up the house.
Message 23 of 44 (1,526 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Trash Cans Stop Working on Some Lots

★ Novice
@SimGuruNick
Hi,

I have this problem and would like to DM you a link of my save. But he link http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea... seems to be invalid. Can I find instructions somewhere else?

Thanks!
Message 24 of 44 (1,447 Views)

sims putting trash on the floor

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have your sim put garbage in the trash can they put it on the floor
What happens when the bug occurs? sims put garbage on the floor instead of the outside trash can.
What do you expect to see? i expect to see this bug fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. latest one

my sim takes the trash out but then put it on the floor instead of using the trash can.

Message 25 of 44 (1,416 Views)

Re: sims putting trash on the floor

Hero
@Dan20153 Did you try if it works if you replace the trash cans ? There's several threads on issues with trash cans so just making sure it's not that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 44 (1,412 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict hi yes i replaced the trash can and that seems to have solved it
Message 27 of 44 (1,408 Views)

Hero
@Dan20153 Merging your thread with the main bug report then. Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 44 (1,399 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is still happening to me.  I have already replaced the can and that did absolutely nothing to help.

Message 29 of 44 (1,283 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It just started for me as well. Vampire kicked over my Oder Killer Trash Can and it began to bug out. I was unable to pick the can up and had to place it in my family inventory to get it standing properly. (Will also note that my sim took the trash to the dump as the waste management showed up prior to being knocked over, so it could have caused the trouble as well.) Replacing (used a different outdoor can) worked to clear up the issue. (Reduce and Recycle lot  trait was active.)

Message 30 of 44 (1,235 Views)