by Pawel_OST

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Toddlers receiving phone calls

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Cats and Dogs, Dine Out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Witness someone dying, and have a toddler in your household. After the Grim Reaper kills the sim, your toddler might receive a phone call. It happens very rarely though.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your toddler gets a phone call, and when you try to answer it, the message "Toddlers don't have phones pops up", and the caller keeps ringing. He eventually hangs up.
What do you expect to see? Nobody calling my toddler.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

‌The caller eventually hangs up, and the bug is very rare. It is a minor bug, but it is strange.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 16 (3,260 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers receiving phone calls

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (3,140 Views)

Toddlers Getting Death Calls

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Fully up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a toddler and have them get to know a Sim who should die soon, such as an older elder. Wait for the Sim to die. For best possible recreation, disable aging for the active household, but not townies, so that the toddler won't age up before the elder Sim dies.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a person outside of the household dies that the toddler knows, they will get a death call. It's impossible to answer it because something pops up that says "toddlers don't have phones." You have to wait for the phone to stop ringing on its own.
What do you expect to see? If toddlers supposedly "don't have phones," then how can they have a phone be ringing? How can they possibly get death calls? That should not be possible!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 19th or June 26th, 2018 Patch (can't remember which one, but it was definitely one of them)

I'm not sure if this needed to be a second thread or not, so if not, feel free to merge it with the current Death Calls thread. Anyways, there have been many reports of toddlers somehow being able to get death calls despite not even having a phone. If that's the case, then this shouldn't be possible at all! You can see an account of it occurring on the fifth post of this thread.

Message 3 of 16 (3,138 Views)

Re: Toddlers Getting Death Calls

Hero

Think one thread on toddlers getting calls is enough so I merged your post even if yours is more specific

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (3,124 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thanks! I went ahead and gave the original a me too.

Message 5 of 16 (3,122 Views)

Message 6 of 16 (3,076 Views)

[PS4] Toddler Phone Calls and Mourning

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a baby age to a toddler and their grandparent has died
What happens when the bug occurs? The toddler gets a call informing them their grandparent has died and they go into mourning.
What do you expect to see? A toddler not getting phone calls as they don't even have a phone. A toddler not mourning a person they have never ever met, who isn't even in their friend list.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Why can a toddler get death calls? Why is a toddler mourning anyway? They don't care about extended family they don't know. This happened twice to my recent toddler and she spent her entire toddlerhood in mourning for grandparents she never even met.

Message 7 of 16 (2,956 Views)

Re: [PS4] Toddler Phone Calls and Mourning

Community Manager (retired)

@PoptartJuniper Have you seen this with more than one Sim? Could you possibly share a save file? Thanks so much for the help! Standard smile https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 16 (2,900 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruNick The save file it happened on was the one I already shared. The sim in question is long dead in the save though. She was the third generation child named Briala. Both her grandparents died when she was a toddler so she ended mourning for one and then received the call for the other. The other children haven't had grandparents because of how townies spawn and the one other child that had a grandparent was older when the grandmother died. So, I'm not sure how helpful that is.

Message 9 of 16 (2,895 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruNick I just had this happen again. The toddler never met this grandparent and she died and received a phone call and is now in mourning. Here is the save from just before everyone went to bed that night. (Edit: Also when an employee, in this case the grandma, at the retail shop dies I get a message that there's nothing for sale at the retail shop. It's very weird.)The Sims™ 4_20190530175247.jpg

Message 10 of 16 (2,837 Views)