Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers cannot interact with extended family

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@simvasionI know the adult sim can do the friendly introduction first, then the toddler can be able to chat but I don't think it's normal because toddlers are able to chat with other neighborhood their own using 'talk to the stranger' option. It's not fair. Only 'turn on or off fame shine' is on towards her old brother living in other household. Also the adult brother can't do 'friendly introduction' to the toddler with his free will and I think it's not realistic.

Message 21 of 63 (1,957 Views)

Hero
@aodoherty So it's still occurring on the current patch for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 63 (1,920 Views)

Toddlers can't interact with relatives outside their household

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The Pride update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler in the household you are playing that has relatives (grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins) that live in another family.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers in the family I am playing cannot interact with their relatives, e.g. grandmother, that does not live with them. If it is not a relative, then the option to "Talk to a stranger" comes up, but when I try to click on a relative, there isn't an option to do anything. This happens even when the grandmother is at the toddler's house.
What do you expect to see? I expect toddlers to be able to talk to their relatives the same way they can talk to strangers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I was unable to get a screenshot that shows anything pertinent to the problem.

Message 23 of 63 (1,903 Views)

Re: Toddlers can't interact with relatives outside their household

★ Apprentice

Just commenting to say I’ve also noticed this issue through casual gameplay, my toddler’s aunt who lives in a different household came over to visit and the toddler couldn’t interact with her Devil

Message 24 of 63 (1,879 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddlers cannot interact with extended family

★★ Apprentice

Definitely having this problem as well, I didn't even make the connection that it was with extended family that they couldn't interact. I'll have to see if they can interact with toddlers of non relations. This problem is the reason I came looking on the big forums to see if anyone else was having issues with it.

Side note: many of my babies are aging into toddlers with floaties on one or both arms that can not be removed. But only in some of their outfits. 

Message 25 of 63 (1,843 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict This is still happening sadly.
Message 26 of 63 (1,805 Views)

★ Apprentice

So my problem is similar. The guy I'm playing had a kid with a girl and then they split and he remarried and had another kid with his wife. I invited the step sister over to meet her new brother but they cant interact. Just call over. Then i moved the sister in with the current family but they still couldn't interact so i moved her back with her mom. Both are toddlers and both are maxed out in toddler skills. Any help would be welcome. Oh also went into anpther family with 3 toddler brothers and they were able to interact just fine.

Message 27 of 63 (1,735 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@epdaly11 Could you possibly share a save file with me where you've seen this issue occurring? It'd help us figure this out, thanks so much! 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 28 of 63 (1,687 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruNick  Here's my save from PS4. My toddler's grandmother came over as a random visit. The toddler wasn't able to talk to her at all. When you hover over the grandma with the toddler active it shows the grandmother as non interactable. There's no pie menu or anything. I saved after the grandmother was invited in to the house by the mother, saved and even reloaded and the toddler still can't interact with her. So the save is with the grandmother invited into the house. 

I rarely have grandparents so this was disappointing. At least I have a save to share!

Message 29 of 63 (1,641 Views)

No toddler interaction w/ extended family

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, GT, CL, CD, S, IL, OR, SD, DO, PH, JA, PPSP, SSP, CKSP, MHSP, RGSP, KSPS, BYSP, VGSP, LDSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler in one household, and have them have aunts/uncles, toddler cousins, in another household.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't click on the sims (with the toddler active) to socialize with their extended family.
What do you expect to see? I expect my toddler to be able to interact with their family.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm sure this is not by design as it has not always been like this. I've tried to find an open thread on this issue, but the closest I got was this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Toddler-Can-t-Interact-with-Extended-Family-Ou...

It's not exactly the same for me, though: My toddler can interact with their cousin if the cousin is a child, the toddler can interact with their elderly grandmother/grandfather. Possibly because they have rel with them since infancy?

From what I've discovered so far, they can't interact with: Toddler cousin, young adult aunt or uncle.

I tried to recreate the problem by creating a new family with all possible family ties, but since they knew each other by moving in together the bug didn't show up. The bug affects "natural born" sims, who don't automatically have any rel with their relatives (seperate households).

PC, Vanilla, Swedish
Packs: GTW, GT, CL, CD, S, IL, OR, SD, DO, PH, JA, PPSP, SSP, CKSP, MHSP, RGSP, KSPS, BYSP, VGSP, LDSP

Message 30 of 63 (1,583 Views)