Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Toddlers cannot interact with extended family

by Amethyst

Original Post

★★ Guide

@Cinthilaa wrote:

“the team probably thought it more realistic for toddlers not to interact with unknown sims. It would make sense IF family members didn't consider each other as strangers before they "meet" for the first time. Problem is that they do, so, as it has been said, toddlers can't interact with their grandparents or cousins if not in the same household“

Except that toddlers can interact with strangers. The first interaction is “talk to stranger” and then after that’s complete you can do all the interactions the toddler can with their parents (whatever they’ve unlocked based on their communication skill). I see it as similar to “friendly introduction” comes first for adult sims, and then regular interactions.

The problem is, this isn’t available for aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents. I wish it was. I think it would be easy to change. Change the interactions between family to be the same as the interactions between strangers.

Message 11 of 63 (2,203 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

We have not been able to reproduce this issue at our end. Would any of you be willing to send us your save files?

If so, you can find instructions here

Thank you very much! We could really use your help! Standard smile

Message 12 of 63 (2,162 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I could send the save file. Do I post a link here?

Message 13 of 63 (2,142 Views)

Hero
You can send a PM to Icarus or put it here, whatever you prefer

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 63 (2,137 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
Thanks. I have sent a PM to SimGuruIcarus. I hope this helps.
Message 15 of 63 (2,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello!

I have a related problem. 

My grandparents live for themselves, and my kid could not talk to them as a toddler, but now she is a child. Both grandparents are famous and now totally strangers and their grandchild have to attempt introduction like a fan. It provokes.. 

Update: The granddaughter tried to introduce herself, but Grandma would not greet back

Message 16 of 63 (2,096 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi, idk if you still need input but I can send my saves. It happens every time I have toddlers who are related to sims outside the household. Where do I send it?

Message 17 of 63 (2,030 Views)

Hero

Hi @Jessycaz 

saves would be great.

Please either PM to me or attach to your post.

SimGuruIcarus is no longer here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 63 (2,015 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi there Crin! 

Should I send my save as well? I have the same issue with toddlers and relatives outside the household... They can't talk to anybody, there is no "talk to stranger interaction". Only toddlers with the charmer trait can interact with relatives, as they can just "charm" anybody... 

Cheers Standard smile

Message 19 of 63 (1,980 Views)

Hero
Sure

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 63 (1,978 Views)