Re: [OPEN] Toddler keeps asking food too often/and in high chair too often

by awesomesim666

Original Post

Hero
@awesomesim666 How are we doing on this issue ? Still happening ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 77 (1,337 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Hi there, I'll test it on the weekend and will let u know, last I played it was around a month ago and still experienced it, was working fine for a bit then back to square one. 

Will let u know Standard smile

Message 52 of 77 (1,323 Views)

★★★ Novice

This has been recently happening to me (not asking for food, but putting in the high chair). I play with free will off, and I do use mods but I have tested this with no mods installed and it still happens. Almost every time I interact with a toddler in a way that causes the adult to pick them up, they will first place the toddler in the high chair. I just tried to change a toddler's diaper, and mom picked him up, put him in the high chair, sat down in a dining chair herself, spoke to the toddler (asking if he wanted his diaper changed?), got up, took him out of the chair, THEN changed his diaper. It is the same process with potty train, give bath, read book, etc. Check Toddler does the same interaction, then it seems to find the thing wrong with the toddler (during the seated "conversation" after putting the toddler in the high chair and sitting down in the dining chair). It is maybe worth noting that my high chair is set up adjacent to the dining table ("attached", so they move together with the dining chairs).

Message 53 of 77 (1,258 Views)

Hero
@caityjay Would you be willing to share your save with QA ?

Here's instructions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 77 (1,236 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict So here's an interesting story: I removed my Mods folder so I could make a clean save to share. Then I realized I'd aged up both my kids, so I put the Mods folder back to play a bit further til I got more toddlers (I'm doing a baby challenge, so mom was already pregnant lol). As I was looking for a good place to pause and make a new clean save, I realized I was no longer getting this error (WITH my mods installed).

Not sure what that could mean. Perhaps something to do with the resource.cfg? Anyway, still happy to share a save, but I no longer seem to be experiencing the issue... If it comes up again, I will definitely make a save to share!
Message 55 of 77 (1,218 Views)

Hero
@caityjay Maybe one of the mods fixes it ? Intentionally or unintentionally ?

It sounds a lot like the sit down before doing something for adult Sim, tbh.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 56 of 77 (1,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi, I know this has been dead for a while but I'm having a similar problem. Weirdly, just now the toddler was in bed sleeping (had a sad moodlet but barely hungry) and the adult was trying to go wake the toddler up to put them in the chair.

I don't have any mods at all, and am happy to share a save file if needed.

Message 57 of 77 (1,060 Views)

Buggy High Chair Behavior

★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamor Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to feed a very tired and very hungry toddler in a high chair. (At least, I assume the tired and hungry part was the trigger but am guessing.)
What happens when the bug occurs? The parents pick up the toddler and put them back down next to the high chair instead of putting them in the high chair, or immediately take them back out.
What do you expect to see? The parents to let the hungry toddler eat before the toddler is taken away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was warned that high chairs were buggy, so this is my first time using them.  I was driven to try by the "toddler won't eat" bug.  It kind of goes like this:

You: Put toddler in high chair.
Sim: Picks up toddler. Puts toddler down next to high chair.
You: NO. Put toddler in high chair.
Sim: Puts toddler in high chair. Immediately takes toddler out of high chair and puts toddler on floor.
You: (#@*$#%&. PUT. TODDLER. IN. HIGH CHAIR.
You: I'm going to kill someone in a minute. Seriously. Don't even. PUT. TODDLER. IN. HIGH CHAIR. YOU. STUPID. (#)$*#&$!
Sim: Puts toddler in high chair.
Second Sim: Immediately takes toddler out of high chair.
Popup: [Toddler] is very hungry! Make sure you feed them before they're taken away!
You: (#@*$#%&. PUT. TODDLER. IN. HIGH CHAIR. *scream of frustration*

Repeat until you give up and cheat toddler needs.

If the issue is that my toddler is tired, well, she won't be taken away for being tired but WILL be taken away for being hungry!

Message 58 of 77 (1,011 Views)

Re: Buggy High Chair Behavior

Hero
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Merged this with the main toddler highchair thread.

There's also this though: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddlers-doesn-t-want-to-stay-in-a-high-chair/td-p... so if you're seeing that as well, just me too both threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 77 (972 Views)

Re: Buggy High Chair Behavior

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrict  Thanks!  I wasn't sure this was the place for my post, since mine is more when I actually want the adults to put the toddler in the high chair and they won't do it!  They put the toddler next to the high chair, or take them out again immediately.  Meanwhile the toddler is starving and I'm getting popups that they're going to be taken away.  Frown

I didn't notice the toddler asking to be taken out, so I wasn't sure that fit, either. 

ANYWAY.  Obviously, I defer to you on where it should go.

Message 60 of 77 (950 Views)