Re: [TO ADD] Toddler keeps asking food too often/and in high chair too often

by bookmaster325

Original Post

★ Apprentice
I’ve also just run into this issue. So far, it’s very rare that the toddler will ask for anything other than food when “checked on” by the parents. The toddler can literally be in the high chair after just having finished a meal, with a maxed hunger bar, and will still ask for food. I’ve also noticed that the toddler will occasionally ask to be put to bed when not tired. It seems like the 11/7 patch has made the “check toddler” interaction a bit wonky. For now, it’s been a lot easier to avoid the constant eating by directing the parents to care for the needs that are actually in need of attention versus allowing them to perform the “check toddler” interaction.
Message 11 of 77 (1,990 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddler keeps asking food too often/and in high chair too often

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 77 (1,983 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

still having this issue, and yeah I have tried to repair the game as I have mentioned in the 1st message Standard smile
even tried to replace the high chair, still not working 
(sorry I took long to reply)
I was worried I thought it was just me, but others are having the same issue 
fingers crossed it will get fixed soon as I love playing the sims Standard smile

Message 13 of 77 (1,953 Views)

★ Guide

me too!

Everything started with the latest update :\

Message 14 of 77 (1,925 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Nods. It does appear so to be that way to me as well.

Message 15 of 77 (1,896 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yeah, I also have this issue. I'm thinking of removing my high chair as it poses a problem when the toddler can't get out of it, so I always need to check him all the time because if I look away for a moment, suddenly he's stuck in it again. He'll just have to eat on the floor or in the sofa :O
I also cancel the "check on toddler"-actions that the parents get if I know he's just eaten.

But it's really bothering me sometimes when he's super tired and I tell one parent to put him to sleep, and something is glitching and the other parent gets to him first and "checks up", put's him in the chair and then the other parent cancels the "put to sleep"-actions, and suddenly he's throwing a tantrum and crying and everything because the parents are incompetent.. XD

Message 16 of 77 (1,878 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I don't necessarily have the issue with toddlers asking for food, but I do have the issue with adult sims bypassing--or straight up canceling--actions in the queue to play musical high chairs with them. It's more irritating when the toddler doesn't even need tending; many times, the toddler will be eating (as intended), then here comes an adult sim snatching them out the high chair for no reason. So then I'll put the food on the floor/table for the toddler to finish, just for an adult sim to put the toddler back in the high chair!

Message 17 of 77 (1,855 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I noticed there was a patch update 3 days ago, it looks like they didn't fix it
anyone still having this problem? 

Message 18 of 77 (1,805 Views)

★ Guide

Yep, still have it :\

Message 19 of 77 (1,776 Views)

Re: my toddler keeps asking food too often/and in high chair too often

★★★ Guide

I have been having this problem too.  My solution was to remove the high chair and now the toddler spends most of his time looking at toddler videos in his hand-held.  But this toddler kept being fawned over by the teens and adults always near the high chair, and was getting fat from being overfed.  I also have an attic in the house...and the toddler was even being placed in a high chair I had up there in a storage area.  needless to say....no more high chair for me until this is fixed. (I stopped the aging, and want the family to remain at their current ages).

Message 20 of 77 (1,731 Views)