Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddler keeps asking food too often/ in high chair too often/Loop

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything apart from: Vampires, Fitness and Romantic Garden stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? let the game play occasionally
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler keeps asking for food even when not hungry, and parents sim keeps checking toddler constantly for food, and keeps putting toddler in high chair too often
What do you expect to see? Toddler should not say food, maybe play or a book
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi guys 
is anyone else having this issue?
it keeps happening too often:
when my toddler keeps asking for food: even when not hungry, and my parent sim keeps checking on toddler, my toddler will say food (even when not hungry) and sometimes my parent sim will randomly put my toddler in the high chair too often
it is getting to the point, being frustrated 
no mods, no cc and I tried to repair game, its still having this issue
anything that I could do?
if I need to explain more, please let me know Standard smile

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 77 (8,799 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims won't leave toddlers in high chairs or feed them.

Hero

Toddlers are more likely to be content in their high chairs when their needs are taken care of. They may however continue to ask to be removed from the chair if left alone for too long, or another Sim checks on them

I'm going to lock this thread since there was much work done with high chairs in 1.96.365/1.71

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 77 of 77 (1,032 Views)

All Replies

Re: my toddler keeps asking food too often/and in high chair too often

★★★★ Novice

Are you able to provide screenshots of this, like the needs and them asking for food. As of i know when I played with toddlers they only asked for food when they were hungry.

Message 2 of 77 (8,641 Views)

Hero

Hi @awesomesim666

could you try selling the high chairs and getting new ones and also repair the game through Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 77 (8,633 Views)

Hero

Nudge above the bookmark

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 77 (8,619 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yeah tried to repair the game, didn't work
but I'll try selling the high chair and buy a new one and see if it works Standard smile
I'll try this when I get home Standard smile

Message 5 of 77 (8,605 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yeah I can Standard smile
how do I do that? Standard smile
yeah it was fine when I played it months ago, done it a couple of times, but played it recently and it is getting worse 

Message 6 of 77 (8,605 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I experience this too. The toddler will have just finished eating and if a sim checks up on them she'll say she's hungry but really she's tired. 

Message 7 of 77 (8,598 Views)

Hero

@awesomesim666 wrote:

yeah I can Standard smile
how do I do that? Standard smile
yeah it was fine when I played it months ago, done it a couple of times, but played it recently and it is getting worse 

Right click on the game in Origin and hit repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 77 (8,585 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem. My parent sim will have just given them food (hunger bar completely filled) then after letting the toddler out of the high chair, if they ask the toddler what they need, they'll say food, and the parent will put the kid back in the chair and give them more food. This happens whether the "Check Toddler" action is manual or autonomous.

This is an entirely fresh game with no mods; after the cats & dogs patch, I actually took my entire Sims 4 folder out of My Documents and let it generate a brand new one. Repairing the game did not fix the issue.

Message 9 of 77 (8,574 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [TO ADD] Toddler keeps asking food too often/and in high chair too often

★★ Apprentice

I have this issue too. Before Cats and Dogs it used to be the potty, now it seems to be food.

Message 10 of 77 (8,560 Views)