Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Toddler jittery walk (Patch 1.81/1.49)

by SimGuruRitzy

Original Post

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 31 of 85 (3,350 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this problem, and have been for a while. I do run with mods, so I could try a clean game and see if it occurs there myself. 

Message 32 of 85 (1,414 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

All my toddlers are still doing this idk how to send my save files but i’m beginning to wonder if it’ll ever be fixed lol

Message 33 of 85 (1,307 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I dont play with mods and the toddler jittery walk never stopped for me despite the patch in the last couple of months that was supposed to fix it. I notice they do the jittery walk only when in sad or energized emotions... not sure about angry, don't remember, but the last patch who was supposed to fix it never fixed anything for me and they still walk like that.

Message 34 of 85 (1,255 Views)

★ Guide

Oh, it's their emotions that matter. I thought it was fixed for me, but it was because the toddler was fine. If you have a level 5 movement skill toddler, have them "take clothes off" then "go here". They will stumble like they are low level walkers. You don't need our save files to do that.

Message 35 of 85 (1,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've just experienced this as well with my two toddlers. One is at movement level 3, the other one at 4. They were both feeling energized when this occured. I don't know yet if that's the only cause or if it will stay like that.
Edit: Can confirm it only happens with certain moods.

Message 36 of 85 (1,017 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Seeing this on PS5 also. As soon as my toddler hits level 3 movement, the jittery walk begins happening.

Message 37 of 85 (955 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, pretty sure you don't need someone's save files.  Just get the toddler energized in any old game and go.

Message 38 of 85 (879 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@xjodielaura Me too! Mainly Happens when they are Energized or Running inside during a Bad storm or blizzard.
Message 39 of 85 (786 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Still happening in patch 1.88.228.1020

No mods, almost every expansion/other dlc

I can try and remember to save at a point where I see it happen again.

edit. Energized -moodlet seems to trigger this at least as some have already stated. 

Message 40 of 85 (701 Views)