Re: Toddler jittery walk (Patch 1.81/1.49)

by Percysmom26

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Toddler jittery walk (Patch 1.81/1.49)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a toddler
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler walking animation is jittery
What do you expect to see? Normal toddler animations
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Toddler movement is still jittery. Her movement level is 5 so she shouldn’t even be stumbling like she is. 

it’s frustrating to see things marked as fixed when they haven’t been. Here is a video to show the issue 

https://youtu.be/nkFej9Xxc-I

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 3 of 85 (10,955 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Toddler jittery walk (Patch 1.81/1.49)

★★★★ Guide

So Testing I've been doing with no mods since they aren't updated so I went with no mods at all. Toddlers don't jitter anymore when Energised, Very sad or running in from a storm although they seem to do the level 1 movement skill walk when those things even when level 5 but it's a good start but it does not help them move quicker even when level 4 or 5 movement skill.

View in thread

Message 83 of 85 (1,520 Views)

All Replies

Toddler movement STILL jittery walking

★★★ Guide

I'm sorry, but the Jittery walking for toddlers is STILL not fixed. mine are still doing it. Try again please Standard smile It literally JUST happened. I'll try to get a video of it and add to this post when it happens again. Thanks!

Message 1 of 85 (10,963 Views)

Re: Toddler movement STILL jittery walking

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

NVM. Someone  else made a report with the form filled out. Merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 85 (10,958 Views)

★★★ Guide

Sorry I had an eye appt I had to go to - I have no idea why I wasn't asked to fill the form out I thought it was odd - also, this site won't let me upload the recorded video clip from my game files.

Message 4 of 85 (10,862 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

1.49 didn't fix the toddler waking issue at all. Shouldn't be walking this glitchy. 

Message 5 of 85 (10,844 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MadameNordica It sometimes bugs out.

Since OP already uploaded a video, I think it's fine. If you still want to, upload it to youtube and just link here. Videos uploaded to the site are usually way to small to view anyways.

To add my own experience .. I didn't see it before this patch .. now I do (but I played a different family so it may depend on the family)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 85 (10,777 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah. It's glitchy. They need to fix this ASAP

Message 7 of 85 (10,756 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 85 (10,663 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Toddler jittery walk (Patch 1.81/1.49)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same as op except I am on desktop and no mods.  It's very jarring and toddlers take longer to get places because of animation cancel or whatever it is doing.  It seems it does half of the stepping animation and all of the end portion of the animation with that cute little thing, where kiddo is about to fall but manages to stay on their feet.  Just a little jarring lol.  It also does not get better as they skill up.  Also I have (excuse me had) My graphics set to ultra.  I dunno if that makes a difference though.

Edit: It did seem a little better when I lowered graphic settings.  And only one toddler was still doing it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XrG8NHw2GhzHTyAOJ31YkE6eNU-9hSf0/view?usp=sharing

Message 9 of 85 (10,581 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Toddler jittery walk (Patch 1.81/1.49)

★★★★★ Guide

I’m still having this issue with all of my saves. Cc and non cc. Laptop and desktop. I’m playing the toddler scenario right now and all of them are a hot mess. My 100 baby challenge is painful to play bc of this too. 

Message 10 of 85 (10,552 Views)