Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Infant/Toddlers needs Declined While playing another lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Dine Out, Parenthood, Bowling Night, Laundry Day, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make sims take care of toddlers and babies needs while player is away from the lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddler taken after player traveled away from lot.
What do you expect to see? Sims will care for toddlers and babies while player is not on lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I traveled with one sim to another lot, leaving both of her parents at home with her toddler sister. When I returned with my teenage sim, I got a notification that my toddler was being taken away due to neglect, without having a warning or any mood color indication of an issue. Now my entire household is sad due to the toddler being taken. I did update the game yesterday with the newest patch, but I am unsure if this is why the issue is occuring.

Edit By Crinrict: Added infant to title.

Message 1 of 34 (7,168 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Toddler needs neglcted by caretaker/daycare

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

EDIT: We no longer need save files for this.  The team will investigate.  Thank you.

View in thread

Message 32 of 34 (1,005 Views)

All Replies

Re: Toddler Taken, Needs Declined While Gone

★ Guide

Similar thing happened to me. My adult sims were out on a date, leaving their twin-teens and twin-toddlers at home. This usually wouldnt pose any issues, but within 5 sim-minutes (so sooner than they can even get to the fridge lol) of being home, one of the toddlers was taken away due to neglect (she was starving, i left with all green bars and upon return after the date, everything was red and nearly empty..). Not happy Frown 

Message 2 of 34 (7,084 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@gaiiili_rose @Nakashimafied

I'm going to leave this thread separate for now but this might be connected to the new needs bug

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Toddlers-Needs-Decreases-at-a-Rapid-Rate/m-p/84180...

Do either of you have backups from before the toddlers were taken ?

The game makes automatic updates

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 34 (7,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Likely related yeah, but I feel like the tots needs were not just in rapid decline but also just not tended to. Everything was red, as if I'd just left the game unpaused with free will off. Nothing was done by any of them. I expect them to at least take care of basics, or at least TRY to? 

I do have a backup but it's before she even got pregnant, I'd be out 2 toddlers and a baby. I'll just go with the long lost twin plot 😅

Message 4 of 34 (7,033 Views)

Hero
@Nakashimafied We had this but it was fixed: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Toddler-not-being-taken-care-of-at-daycare-low-needs/td-p...

Did the toddlers stay home or go to daycare ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 34 (7,015 Views)

★ Guide

They stayed home with their two teenaged siblings and their baby sibling. 

Message 6 of 34 (7,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Nakashimafied I'll test this later with my toddlers

EDIT: Seems fine. I left an adult at home cause  first time I tried it did say Nanny was called but they were sent to daycare anyways. Don't have any teens

So went my the father sims to another lot and stayed there some (maybe not long enough), came back and one was pretty tired but the other was ok

Waiting for other votes on this..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 34 (7,005 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddler not being taken care of at daycare (low needs)

★★★★★ Newbie

This problem is not fixed whatsoever.
I've had this problem happen recently (november 20th 2019), both that toddlers arent taken care of in daycare, but also that noone takes care of the toddler when i'm away from the home lot with one out of 4 able caretakers.

Please solve this problem, it's frustrating that you are chained to the home lot through the whole duration of the toddler age.

Message 8 of 34 (6,922 Views)

Re: Toddler needs neglcted by caretaker/daycare

★ Apprentice
@Nadariz I have this too. My Sims go on a date and have to rush back because toddler is in the red, due to a nanny that literally does nothing but stand there.
Message 9 of 34 (6,922 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Toddler not being taken care of at daycare (low needs)

Hero
@Nadariz Moved your post over to a more current thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 34 (6,878 Views)