Re: Time is not consistent between lots or worlds

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Time changes after editing Sim in CAS

★★★ Expert
@nutellagurgal I have seen something like this as well but only a very few times. The last time it happened there were guests at my Sims house. When I exited CAS, the time had moved forward and the guests had changed locations to different rooms and had different moodlets. They were both "happy" when I started CAS but were both "flirty" when I finished! It made me laugh because I was thinking ok how long was I in that dresser and what were you two doing while I was in there?!? xD

It has only happened to me so rarely (less than 1% of the time would be my guess) that I considered it a random glitch rather than a bug. It is interesting that at least one other person is seeing it too.
Message 11 of 20 (1,163 Views)

Re: Time changes after editing Sim in CAS

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict so far the bug didn't occur when traveling, but now it also occured twice when I went to Manage Worlds - the time was set back for several days!
I wouldn't mind the bug too much, but unfortunately my sim was attending university at the time, and in the time that was set back she couldn't attend any classes, but the semester didn't last longer, so basically she attended classes only once that semester and failed all her classes...
Message 12 of 20 (1,121 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Time inconsistencies when Sim travels

★★★★ Novice

Not sure if it's the same bug, but I've had time changes when entering CAS and Manage Worlds. The latter caused the time to be set back for a couple days!

Message 13 of 20 (1,116 Views)

Time is not consistent between lots or worlds

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Get Famous, Discover University, Seasons, Parenthood, Spa Day, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send any Sim to any lot for multiple hours, then have them return home or to a different world.
What happens when the bug occurs? Different lots or possibly worlds seem to have different time zones, so you can stay at a party until 7am and then go home and have it be 10 hours before you left, or 2 hours before you should leave
What do you expect to see? Time remaining consistent or something making it obvious that there are time zones.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My SIms will stay out at a party until noon the next day and then come home and it'll be 4pm. I'm not really sure if this has always happened and I've just never noticed (recently started playing with Sims that leave the house) but it's confusing and frustrating.

Message 14 of 20 (1,100 Views)

Re: Time is not consistent between lots or worlds

Hero
@fiftyleven Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 20 (1,074 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I've seen this on PS4 just recently. My sim traveled from the University to the Geek Con. When leaving Geek Con to go back to University the time jumped backwards. (Also, how bout those load screens? Most of the video is a load screen)

Message 16 of 20 (992 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone encountering this issue could share a save file it'd be much appreciated! You can DM the link to me. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 20 (4,057 Views)

Time jumps when travelling

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim travel to a different lot and spend several sim hours away from home, then travel back home.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my Sim travels home from any lot, the game jumps back in time. Example: my sim was on a date well until 1 am, and when it was over and she travelled home the time changed to 9 pm of the previous Sim day.
What do you expect to see? The game's time remaining consistent without any time skips.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is a new occurrence for me, but lately I've had a lot of problems with time in the Sims. My sim originally had a pet cat, and time would not run in ultra speed when my sim was at work or asleep. I also had the problem mentioned above where time skipped. When I removed her cat from the household, ultra speed worked normally, but I'm still dealing with this time jump. No matter what I've done, time won't run without any problems. Yes, I've tried removing my mods and repairing my game. Yes, I've done a factory reset. I've even done a super repair but nothing has worked. I should note that my Sim currently lives in Willow Creek but has travelled both in Willow Creek and to other worlds. Im not sure if this glitch is world specific. 

Any help is much appreciated!

As a side note, should I create another topic for the problem I had with time glitching with a pet in my household? I merged them in one post because they are similar issues, but if the pets/time is a different problem to report, please let me know. 

Message 18 of 20 (924 Views)

Re: Time jumps when travelling

Hero
@QueenieJocelyn Merged your post with current report on this.

Please send your save to QA. That would be helpful (details above)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 20 (883 Views)

Re: Time jumps when travelling

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Not sure if it's directly because of travelling, but sometimes I'll have my Sims want to goto work twice a day, does that count as a time jump? (e.g. It goes from 4 PM to 10 PM then goes to work at 4 AM again), this is NOT the result of a promotion (i know that is a reason for it to happen but this just seems to be random)

I should note this is mostly a personal observation, and I'm not exactly the best person to talk to about being on time to begin with let alone in game...

Message 20 of 20 (474 Views)