Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Time inconsistencies when Sim travels

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Moschino stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel within the world that came with Discover University
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time the Sim travels to an event or different lot, time jumps in game either forward or backwards from pre-travel time. This can make the event have already passed or not have begun yet.
What do you expect to see? Time to be forward moving in a consistent fashion with how The Sims 4 has worked before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Update 1.58.63.1010 and installation of Discover University

I am trying to assist a friend who is having this issue by filling this out since I was unable to find any other reports of this issue online.

Message 1 of 20 (3,600 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Time inconsistencies when Sim travels

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone encountering this issue could share a save file it'd be much appreciated! You can DM the link to me. Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 17 of 20 (4,058 Views)

All Replies

Re: Time inconsistencies when Sim travels

★★★★ Pro

This has also happened occasionally to me after installing big patches. You can try repair game and starting a new save. Sometimes a certain lot (in my case a restaurant) seems to be corrupted and has to be changed.

Message 2 of 20 (3,544 Views)

★★★ Guide

I dont gave DU yet but time traveling has been a problem in this game forever. Doesn't matter the event, your household starts early or really late. Nighttime events that start at 9pm for example and end at 5am, when you return home, it will be 10pm the previous night or 1am or something instead of 5:30 am or whenever you got home. 

Its weird.  

Message 3 of 20 (3,511 Views)

Hero
This thread is the master thread for everything time and other lags: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Autonomy-and-Simulation-Lag/m-p/6918287

Might merge later

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (3,498 Views)

TIME ISSUE

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By travelling to a community lot or another sims house and staying there for a few hours and then returning back home
What happens when the bug occurs? If I travell wit my sim to a community lot or another sims house and staying their for a few hours and then go back home. The time is much earlier then when I left the community lot. So if i leave the community lot at 12 pm I am home 3 hours earlier at 9 am.
What do you expect to see? That if I leave a commnuity lot or another sims house at 12 pm the time is the same when I come home
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Even when I took out all my mods and cc this still happened. And repairing my game did not work

Message 5 of 20 (3,483 Views)

Re: TIME ISSUE

Hero
@TheImfe Merged your post with another thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (3,475 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have seen this as well. If I have my sim leave his house at like 5 pm he'll arrive as late as an hour to the selected lot. It's not super detrimental but it can be annoying at times.

Message 7 of 20 (3,425 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] Time changes after editing Sim in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except the Moschino and My first pet Stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS by planning your sims outfit at the mirror, change something, leave CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? The time will have changed by a couple of sim hours, either forward or backward. Not sure im the bug also occurs when entering CAS a different way.
What do you expect to see? No time changes after editing my sim in CAS
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.58.69

So far the bug has occured once, jumping a couple sim hours forward, and once jumping almost an entire day back.

Message 8 of 20 (3,434 Views)

Re: Time changes after editing Sim in CAS

Hero
@nutellagurgal Do you also have time changes when travelling ?

There's a thread on this here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Time-inconsistencies-when-Sim-travels/m-p/8432053 and as going to CAS also involves a loading screen, it could be the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (3,426 Views)

Re: Time changes after editing Sim in CAS

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I didn't notice time changes when traveling so far, but I'll keep an eye out for it.
Message 10 of 20 (3,406 Views)