Re: Terrain Paint Disappearing after June 3 2020 Patch

by dragancaor

Original Post

Re: My paths disappeared after resetting game.

★★★ Novice

I had the same paint all over my lot. only a small chunk disappeared. so some is still there.

Message 21 of 99 (2,864 Views)

Re: My paths disappeared after resetting game.

Hero
@Heated1030 Thanks for all the info. I merged your post into the other now. It's probably the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 99 (2,835 Views)

Terrain Paint Disappearing after June 3 2020 Patch

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? enter bb.moveobjects on. build a new lot. throw some terrain paint on it. save and exit game completely. reload save file and re-enter build mode from map.
What happens when the bug occurs? Terrain paint I previously placed and made absolutely sure to save so it would stay put, is gone.
What do you expect to see? I expect my terrain paint to stay where I put it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 3rd 2020 patch

I placed a stone pathway with terrain paints, and placed dirt under my trees to landscape them. I saved my game multiple times to make sure the pathway stayed there in case the game crashes. I exit my game and go to take a nap, wake up, reopen my lot from the build function on the map, and my terrain paint is gone now. My speed build is ruined thanks to this and several other glitches I've dealt with today. 

Message 23 of 99 (2,805 Views)

Hero
@strangealien22 Merged this with current thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 99 (2,778 Views)

★ Guide

I thought they've fixed this when it was happening after the RoM release but it's now back but worse?

Twice in this build I've had terrain paint vanish, once during building & once post build 

Building on Admiral's Wreckage in Sulani.

The first time it did it, i clicked the beach sand option "illusion of sand" (but didn't use it), & the game deleted all of the "Garden Bedlam" i had painted. It just disappeared. Undo did not bring it back. It was only the one paint though, so i just painted it back into the gaps between the others.  It was obvious enough, just annoying.

The second time, was after I'd redone all my terrain painting - mix of garden bedlam, scratchy in patches, & natural oasis - & i had finished the build. I saved the lot to library, & straight after the popup closed, there was no terrain paint on my lot. At all. All of the terrain paint I'd done was completely gone.

All packs, patched to current, no cc, no mods.

Message 25 of 99 (2,734 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Terrain paint disappears after leaving lot (new build)

★ Novice

I am having this issue in Windenburg on multiple lots. If I exit and then return to a lot, my terrain paint disappears. I do not use bb.moveobjects on, and I am saving every 5 minutes.

Message 26 of 99 (2,707 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Does anyone have a save file they can share with me that reproduces this issue? You can send me a DM with a link to your save. Thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me a save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 27 of 99 (2,675 Views)

Terrain paint disappearing

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs, and all stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When painting the terrain, it disappears when leaving lot and going back to the lot in Build/Buy and when hitting the back button it deletes it all. Open game Go to a lot Paint terrain leave lot and enter it again in Build/ Buy Observe Bug - missing terrain
What happens when the bug occurs? All the terrain paint disappears when entering the lot after leaving it from Build/buy
What do you expect to see? Terrain paint remains in place
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After latest Expansion pack - Eco Lifestyle

When painting the terrain, it disappears when leaving lot and going back to the lot in Build/Buy and when hitting the back button it deletes it all.

This appears to happen to almost all lots in the game in any world. Confused

Message 28 of 99 (2,659 Views)

Re: Terrain paint disappearing

Hero
@GiraffePlaysYT Merging your post with the current bug report on this.

QA is looking for saves so if you're willing to share yours, that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 99 (2,622 Views)

Message 30 of 99 (2,591 Views)