Re: [OPEN] Terrain paint disappears after leaving lot (new build)

by MDianaSims

Original Post

★ Guide

I had this happening in my game today for the very first time. I built a new residential in Oasis Spring (in an old save) with some terrain paint, saved and closed the game. When I launched the game again I saw the terrain paint had disappeared. I use several cheats : bb.moveobjects, bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects, if that can help.

Message 11 of 99 (2,158 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is still happening . I went to Brindleton Bay and built  on "its a good house" lot . Saved the game throughout building.  I usually have about 10 different builds on the go, so I went into "Manage Worlds" to go to another build. After awhile I went back into the Brindleton Bay build and from world view the terrain paint looks great. Then I go to play the lot with a Sim  and all the terrain paint is gone. I don't save and exit the game. I go back in through build mode instead of play mode.. and same thing, No terrain. But it's there in map view?  I have built a couple of builds in Windenburg on Von Windenburg Estate & The Summer Home lots , both had terrain paint vanish in the same way ..No mods, No cc, with and without cheats. 

(1st picture shows terrain paint .. 2nd picture  -terrain paint is missing .)

Message 12 of 99 (2,104 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same issue. But with an interesting variation.

I was working on rebuilding the Von Haunt Estate and yesterday I added terrain paint to the front of the lot. Then I later ent on to work on the back of the lot, added terrain paint there. I'm not sure if I reloaded the game in between, but I might have done so. Then I did something (not sure what it was exactly) and all of a sudden I noticed the terrain paint at the front had vanished - this happened while I was building. I simply repainted it, it wasn't a very complex pattern.

Just now, I reloaded the lot and all the terrain paint in the back is missing. There is terrain paint in the front, but now that I'm looking more closely at it, it's not the pattern I drew last (there was a slight variation), it's the pattern I drew before. And it uses the paint I used in the back (gravel & grit) as opposed to the paint I actually used (cobbled together stone).

As it happens, I did save the lot last night, with all the right terrain paint on it and when I place that one, it all sticks. Even after reloading the game (both from the main menu and after a full reboot) the terrain paint remains in place.

So that could be a work-around? Save the lot to your library before you exit the lot? Then if the terrain paint disappears upon reloading, you can place the library version again.

Since I can only add three pictures, I added one from the front of the lot last night, before the front terrain paint disappeared the first time. And two from this morning, one of the lot as I found it and one of the lot I placed from my library.

Message 13 of 99 (2,054 Views)

My paths disappeared after resetting game.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? sp16.8
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all, with tiny living being last one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I colored some paths on the ground and had to reset my game. when i came back in, my paths were gone.
What happens when the bug occurs? my paths disappears, like i never made them
What do you expect to see? paths to stay
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I made some pathways to my front porch and to my garden in the yard. and i outlined them with terrestrial saucer lights.  i had to reset my game. when i came back, the pathways were normal grass, but the lights remained. meaning it saved the game when i quit. otherwise the lights would be gone too. the pictures are what it shouldve looked like, i remade the paths. and what it looked like when i logged in.

Message 14 of 99 (1,988 Views)

Re: My paths disappeared after resetting game.

Hero
@Heated1030 Was that the only terrain paint that disappeared or did you not have any more on the lot ?

Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Terrain-paint-disappears-after-leaving-lot-new-bui...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 99 (1,946 Views)

Re: My paths disappeared after resetting game.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

my pathways were the only terrain paint on the lot so far. 

edit: so i went to different worlds to see if they did the same. since that was in strangerville. im in willow creek playing a family. and 1 path disappeared but the rest stayed. its the same paint. and i did them in chunks, not one continuous line. and several chunks are missing

Message 16 of 99 (1,920 Views)

★★★ Novice

i had this issue last night. was building in strangerville and willow creek and had them disappear. but the willow creek was only part of a pathway i made. not all of it. but it was all the same paint. and was different strokes. i demolished the house and original terrain. strangerville one disappeared after i left the full game and came back. willow creek disappeared after coming back from world edit. 

Message 17 of 99 (1,995 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just went into a build I did last night (5/14/20) in Willow Creek with no packs, mods or cc and ALL the terrain paint that I painstakingly created is GONE!  This is the 4th build this has happened with!  Angry   This is incredibly frustrating -and- heartbreaking!  It is like a favorite piece of ones art being destroyed.  Please, please, please fix this EA.  I greatly love to build things to share with the community and don't want to give up due to such a nuisance.  Thanks.

Message 18 of 99 (1,969 Views)

★ Guide

I had also the same issue on PS4 in Windenburg.

Message 19 of 99 (1,933 Views)

★★★ Novice

i made a different thread and they linked to this one. no fix/solution. no response 

Message 20 of 99 (1,899 Views)