Re: Terrain paint disappears when reloading game

by Wholesome_Goth

Original Post

Terrain paint disappears when reloading game

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.87.40.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions, game packs and stuff packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Before exiting the game, I upload the lot to my gallery. When the bug occurs, I can still download the lot with terrain paint from my library on the gallery.
What happens when the bug occurs? Terrain paint disappears. The scenario is this: I open the game and reload a save, and then enter a lot that I want to continue building on. But all the terrain paint that I have previously saved is gone. I always save many times during the building process, and always before exiting the game (the stand-alone save button). But for some reason, the terrain paint completely disappears when I enter a lot again. Specifically, this happens when I have saved and exited the game, and then open the game again at a later time to continue building.
What do you expect to see? I expect the terrain paint to still be there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Terrain paint disappears. Specifically, this happens when I have saved and exited the game, and then open the game again at a later time to continue building. But then all the terrain paint is gone. Im not sure if this would happen as often if I bring sims to the lot during the building process? Usually I build from map view, build mode. 

Kind regards,

Sandra

Message 61 of 99 (899 Views)

Hero
@LeoMontgomery I moved both your post to the correct thread for that.

Please send your save to EA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 99 (890 Views)

★ Guide

I have never had this issue before, not until after today's update. (July 26, 2022 version 1.90.358.1030)

I wasn't building a totally new House, I was relocating Cordelia's Secret Cottage renamed to a other larger lot as I was renovating it and wanted to have more room to spread the animals and garden out more. 

Message 63 of 99 (772 Views)

★★ Guide
@Wholesome_Goth I'm just having this issue as well. This is a brand new save and I've not installed any CC/Mods. Does anyone know how to send the save to EA?
Message 64 of 99 (732 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

How is this still an issue. I’m tired of having to do double the work. Is there a secret to keep this from happening. If so, please someone share. It’s been years and this still isn’t fixed. 

Message 65 of 99 (683 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@candiecoatediv The workaround that has worked for me is to save and leave the lot after "bulldozing" the terrain paint, and then enter the lot again to paint it.
Message 66 of 99 (671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@SqueamishNerdWould this be bulldozing the terrain paint before I build or build, paint, then bulldoze terrain paint then paint again? Sorry I think I know what you mean but I just want to make sure. This bug really frustrates me 😂

Message 67 of 99 (658 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@candiecoatediv I don't think it matters which order you're doing all that, as long as you save and leave the lot between bulldozing the terrain paint and starting to paint.
Message 68 of 99 (634 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@SqueamishNerd Thank you! I’ll give it a go!
Message 69 of 99 (620 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Terrain paint disappears after leaving lot (new build)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I experienced a similar problem for the first time yesterday. I am a builder and never had a problem with disappearing terrain paint before.

How it happened: On a newer save, I bulldozed an existing house and the existing terrain paint as well in Willow Creek through Build/Buy mode. I build a house as usual, add landscaping, and add terrain paint after that. I went back to the map, move a nearby household to my newly build house to test the house. I noticed the terrain paint is missing, but strangely only dirt terrain paint that I apply around the house and under vegetation that is missing. I have a stone pathway terrain paint and it is still appear. Thankfully I build a small house this time so I take this as a minor problem, as it only take me a minute to redo the terrain paint.

The cause of this problem seems mysterious to me. The only thing I did differently than usual is not using bb.moveobjects, because I only build a small starter house.

I hope this problem will be fix soon.

Message 70 of 99 (579 Views)