Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Terrain paint disappears after leaving lot (new build)

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

Re: Terrain paint disappearing

★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you. I have attached the file under a comment
Message 31 of 99 (1,464 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Terrain paint disappears after leaving lot (new build)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This only started happening in my game after the july 2020 update, i haven't tested to see if it's only affected this savefile in particular or not, but since it seems there are many people with this problem i hope it can be patched soon. 

basically, what i've been doing is building through manage worlds. not by directly going into build mode from live mode, because then i don't have to deal with rain and dead plants. but whenever i leave the lot and try to play with an active sim on the lot, all the terrain paint vanishes. so far the only way i've gotten around this is by saving the build to my library and just placing it back down, and it's fine, but then if i go out of the game and back in, it's gone again. i sometimes forget to save the lot often so i loose hours of work everytime having to redo the terrain.

I'm gonna try to send the savefile as well, I've also only been building in willow creek since I've had this issue, but i don't think the other worlds are going to be any different

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DRoEcJcnIR-_35sBvGRF2EGnigfjUgPd/view?usp=sharing

Message 32 of 99 (1,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well. I've been building a lot lately, but didn't notice this issue until I reopened the game to a house I built last night. I did all the terrain paint, saved and closed the game. When I reopened the game this morning, all the terrain paint had disappeared. Never played with a sim, is only a build at this point.

PC-Windows  10

Build in Forgotten Hallow

As a note, it happened while I was recording the build last night as well. Watching the recording back it cleared out some early terrain paint while I was CTRL+Zing out some new paint. The old paint was placed down a long time before I did the CTRL Z so it shouldn't have cleared with the new paint.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 33 of 99 (1,328 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 80-100% of the time.
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All excluding Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? The terrain paint will often remove itself in the same build mode session. When the paint finally stayed on for the rest of the play session, it was completely gone upon exiting the game and resuming play.
What do you expect to see? The terrain paint to stay on the ground.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, do not use.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, after purchasing and installing Realm of Magic, Nifty Knitting, and Moschino Stuff. 

I think this bug is still tied to RoM. I hadn't seen this happen until just yesterday when I bought RoM. 

Message 34 of 99 (1,267 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share your Config.log with me? It's located in your The Sims 4 folder within Documents. You can DM me the link to your file, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your Config.log: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 35 of 99 (1,249 Views)

Re: My paths disappeared after resetting game.

★ Apprentice

I’m having the same issues. I currently only have CC in my game, but it’s turned off and I have no mods installed. I was working on the park in Willow Creek and I have the terrain disappearing every time I save and go to manage worlds. 

Message 36 of 99 (1,196 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Terrain paint disappears after leaving lot (new build)

★★★★ Pro

I have a similar problem, the difference is that the terrain paint just disappeared, I didn't leave the lot.

I was painting the terrain and suddenly all the terrain paint just disappeared. All of it just gone. I don't know what I did to provoke it. I tried Ctrl z to see if it would come back, but nothing happened. I tried to leave the lot and enter it again, but it was still gone. I may have had moveobjects on, but I'm not completely sure.

This has never happened to me before.

Message 37 of 99 (1,135 Views)

Vanishing terrain paint when moving between manage worlds and build mode

★★★★ Novice

I started a build yesterday of a park in Willow Creek (on my stream) using unlimited funds build mode. I saved throughout and once I had finished half of the build including all of the terrain paint using paths, dirt, sand etc, I exited the game from build mode and opened up my game today (again while streaming), loaded the build from manage worlds into build mode once again and ALL the terrain paint had vanished, all that hard work, no items had changed or been removed, just the terrain paint. 

This has happened to me once before - and to 10s of other creators at least (we never know when it will strike(!)) - I've been hearing about this issues for months, coming up to a year... but the first time it ever happened to me was a month ago - on the day I was given and installed eco lifestyle. I loaded up the game with eco in, I was eager to build, I began building in Evergreen harbour, once I had finished I went to player test the build with a sim and when I moved the sim in all the terrain had vanished. That makes me conclude that Eco lifestyle is the problem causing this issue - after talking with other creators only those that have this pack have experienced the issues, and it always began after installing the pack. 

This issue is so so frustrating and can remove hours of intricate work, despite regular saves and no computer related issues. PLEASE FIX THIS! 

I've attached images of how it was saved, and what I came back to.

Message 38 of 99 (1,111 Views)

Re: Vanishing terrain paint when moving between manage worlds and build mode

Hero
@HeppiSims Merged your post with the bug report on this.

Could you send your save to SimGuruNick as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Terrain-paint-disappears-after-leaving-lot-new-bui...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 99 (1,088 Views)

Terrain Paint Disappearing in Domus Familiaris

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Digital Deluxe, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Paranormal Stuff, Parenthood, Tiny Living Stuff, Dust the Bust Kit, and Country Kitchen Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add terrain paint to a lot, upload it to the gallery and see of the terrain paint disappears.
What happens when the bug occurs? After uploading my house to the gallery all of my terrain paint disappears.
What do you expect to see? I expect my terrain paint to stay where I placed it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The "Laundry List" patch update. Version 1.72.28.1030.

Hi,

I am having trouble with terrain paint.

After I upload my build to the gallery, all of my placed terrain paint disappeared.

I added the paint again and every time I exit the game and go back in my terrain paint is gone.

This is after building on the Domus Familiaris in Brindleton Bay.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Message 40 of 99 (1,065 Views)