Re: [TO TEST] Teens in Scouts or Part-time Job Wear Old Career Outfits As Adults

by SimGuruIcarus

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Teens in Scouts or Part-time Wear Old Career Outfits As Adults

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get to Work, City Living,Cats and Dogs, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Vintage Glamour, Kids Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Teen Sim join the Scouts and/or a part time job. They can either stay in the Scouts/job until they age up or leave it beforehand. Then have the Teen age up into a Young Adult and join an adult career, then send them off to work.
What happens when the bug occurs? When it's time for them to go to work, the sim will change into an Everyday Outfit (if not already wearing it) and head off to work. When they come back home, they will be wearing the work outfit of their Teen job or their Scouting outfit. In either case, they won't change into the correct work outfit before coming to work or come back home wearing the proper outfit.
What do you expect to see? When it's time to go to work, the Sim should change into the proper work outfit and when they arrive back home they should still be wearing the proper work outfit. In no case should they be wearing their Teen Scouting uniform or their old part-time uniform.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

10-08-18_3-15-20 AM.png

This picture shows a Young Adult sim coming home from his Entertainer career in his old Manual Laborer work outfit, which was a part-time job he had back when he was a Teen.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 8 (1,766 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Teens in Scouts or Part-time Job Wear Old Career Outfits As Adults

EA Staff

Hi @Iyasenu

We have not able to reproduce this issue. 

Could you please send us your save files and some information about the household so we can give it a look?. You can find the instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much! 

Message 2 of 8 (1,630 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I sent SimGuruRobo & crinrict a save for another issue, but I've also seen this issue in it. It appears the sim keeps his/her outfit from the first job, whatever that may be.
Message 3 of 8 (1,594 Views)

EA Staff

We got your saves.

Thanks @bookmaster325!

Message 4 of 8 (1,555 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@bookmaster325 Which Sims in this save file are wearing a teen outfit for work? I'm not seeing the issue occur in your save file, but I might just be looking at the wrong household. Thanks for the help!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 8 (1,501 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Can't remember which one I sent you. I know it happened in my legacy LP with the family living in Brindleton Bay. The 3rd gen boy was a teen scout, then grew up and joined the criminal career. Every promotion he would default to wearing his scout uniform. (Cute, but kind of weird...lol)
Message 6 of 8 (1,463 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello there!

We have not been able to reproduce this issue, even using your save files.

Is anyone still experiencing this bug? If so, can you also send us your save files?

Thanks! 

Message 7 of 8 (1,412 Views)

★ Novice

Hi!  This post is from 2019, but I, in fact, am having this bug!  I have a sim who used to be in Scouts who now wears her Scouting uniform every day to her stylist career.  Certainly, it is a look?  But the weird thing is, it's only her.  All of the other adult sims in the household who used to be in scouts wear their proper uniforms to work

Message 8 of 8 (768 Views)