by CobbleWoods

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [TLSP] One member of household not getting micro house effect

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: everything except Snowy Escape Game packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Realm of Magic Stuff packs: Everything except Spooky Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, and Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure you can, but it's definitely affecting my game
What happens when the bug occurs? I have a household with 4 members, living in a Micro house. Three of them have the moodlet and get all the effects, but one member of the household doesn't have the moodlet or the benefits. I first noticed it when the neighbors came over and everyone else was besties in a few minutes, but she socialized for much longer and still was only half friendly. And then I noticed that her skill was improving much more slowly than everyone else. Finally I thought to check her movements, and sure enough, that one was missing.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a the same micro home moodlet, fast skill gain, socialization, etc. on every member of my household. I do get all of that for 3 of them, but not for the 4th.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After an earlier problem, I deleted my installation and reinstalled everything from scratch just this afternoon. So it's a fresh clean installation of the game and all expansions, game packs, and stuff packs.

As you can see in the screen shot, this Sim has no moodlet with a little house on it, despite living in a very teeny tiny crowded house.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (698 Views)

Re: One member of household not getting micro house effect

Hero
@CobbleWoods What traits does that Sim have ? Did you create the Sim from scratch or is she a NPC townie or did you download her from the gallery ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (678 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I created her from scratch, along with the rest of the household. Traits: creative, perfectionist, art lover. Ambition to be a great painter. 

It's the damndest thing, because I created the entire household at the same time, and every other member is affected by the Micro Home exactly as expected. This one Sim just seems immune to it.

Message 3 of 10 (669 Views)

Hero
@CobbleWoods if you move her to another micro house for testing, does the same happen ? Have you tried just moving her out and back in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (667 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I haven't tried that specifically, but I tried moving a new 3-person household (testing whether maybe it would work with a smaller family) into the same house, and sure enough, one of them did not get the effects. Since both times it was my artist who didn't feel it, I then tried moving in just a single artist (same traits) to the same house, and she DID get the effect, so it's not conflicting in some way with that particular aspiration. I'm still experimenting this morning. I'm about to try a 2-person household, then I'll try a different micro house, as you suggest.

Message 5 of 10 (657 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict OK, I've tried a few more things:

1. I moved a duo into the same tiny home, and neither of them got the effect

2. I moved the original problem family back into the home, and this time NONE of them got the effect. And yes, I did check three times to make sure the lot settings were correct.

3. I tried the original foursome in a newly built micro home. None of them got the effect.

4. I tried a new threesome in a micro home downloaded from the gallery. Back to the beginning: 2 got the effect, and one did not.

This is driving me nuts!

Message 6 of 10 (649 Views)

Hero
@CobbleWoods Sounds pretty random.

Thanks for your report so far.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (629 Views)

Re: [TLSP] One member of household not getting micro house effect

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me where it's occurring? You can DM me the link to the save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 10 (585 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruNick I'm not on that computer right now, but I'll try to find one and send it to you tomorrow.

Message 9 of 10 (564 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SimGuruNick Very interesting development! I hadn't looked at the issue for awhile because I started playing a single person household that had the buff, and have been playing that game since. I have also added a few more installs of DLC since then, too. Today I just went back to the original game where I had the initial problem, and the Sim who never had the effect when I originally played now has it. My best guess is that something got jiggled during one of my updates, and it fixed the problem. I can still send you the save file, but it seems the problem was not in that file itself, because it's working fine now.

Message 10 of 10 (542 Views)