[FIXED] Stuff deleted when painting walls/ half walls

by sarahmae55

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Stuff deleted when painting walls

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone share a save file of where this issue is occurring? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 30 (1,204 Views)

Bathtub deletes itself when placing wallpaper on halfwall

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Eco Lifestyle, Journy To Batuu and Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a bathtub, with regular walls on at least one side, and a half wall on the other side, select a wallpaper to color the walls.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bathtub deletes itself when coloring the halfwalls with wallpaper.
What do you expect to see? Being able to use wallpaper on the halfwalls
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch from 11/10/2020

It’s no problem with a one-tile half wall, but after placing a two-tile half wall, and trying to place wallpaper on said halfwall, the bathtub deletes itself.

it also happens that the bathtub deletes itself when using the sledgehammer on said halfwalls.

If I move the bathtub, color the halfwalls, I can’t place the bathtub back.

I’m not sure if this is because the bathtub is placed next to a platform, with the halfwalls between the bathtub and the platform.

Pictures:

17.11.2020_14-46-48.png

17.11.2020_14-46-56.png

17.11.2020_14-47-05.png

17.11.2020_14-50-22.png

17.11.2020_14-50-24.png

17.11.2020_14-50-32.png

Message 12 of 30 (1,197 Views)

Re: Bathtub deletes itself when placing wallpaper on halfwall

Hero
@marianlarsen merged your post with the stuff deleted when painting walls thread.

Could you send your save to Nick as he has asked above

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 30 (1,177 Views)

Re: [ARCHIVE] Adding wallpaper to a room removes Objects

★★★ Newbie

For me it is particularly the furniture in the kitchen that disappear for me. 

In one of the previous updates it was solved, but now it is back again,

unfortunately. Hopefully someone on the EA staff will see this, so they are 

aware of it 

Message 14 of 30 (1,148 Views)

Re: Bathtub deletes itself when placing wallpaper on halfwall

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This one happened to me too, when I paint the walls downstairs a chair upstairs disappears. If I try to put the chair back, the slot turns red.

I'll try today if it happens again and try to send my savefile to Nick.

Okay, I tested a little and noticed that in my case it's probably something to do with nearby objects placed with moveobjects-code. This time the disappearing object wasn't the same chair (suprise?) but a decorational drawer. A flower vase was placed near the drawer with moveobjects on. When I removed the wase, the drawer stopped disappearing. It might have been the same reason with the chair, it was slotted to a table and on the table there was objects placed with moveobjects on. 

Message 15 of 30 (1,098 Views)

windows deleted by wall placement

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? paradise isle or what i called in eng
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? dont know
What happens when the bug occurs? the bug deletes all my windows on one side of the house when i try to place a wall anywhere, see screenshoot
What do you expect to see? not to deleted anything
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

glitch

Message 16 of 30 (1,067 Views)

Re: windows deleted by wall placement

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@ComradeCactusI'm having the same issue, painting walls is removing doors aswell and closing inner rooms (for platforms) is removing itens that don't even come close to the built walls

Message 17 of 30 (1,032 Views)

Re: windows deleted by wall placement

★★★★★ Newbie
@JRmilek yes exacly this, really annoying bug.
Message 18 of 30 (1,023 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Stuff deleted when painting walls/ half walls

★ Guide

This happens to me when I'm placing an object with bb.moveobjects cheat turned on. Sometimes it really deletes objects, sometimes it just highlight (yellow color just like when its about to be deleted) the objects without doing anything

Message 19 of 30 (973 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Moveobjects (Moo) Causing items to disappear

★★★ Guide

MOO doesn't cause things to disappear in my game, but adding paint to a wall will cause items to disappear. Random things like painting upstairs and something downstairs on the opposite side of the house disappears. Also happens if I add or delete a wall, the game randomly deletes stuff.

Message 20 of 30 (943 Views)