Re: Sleeping action is stuck in queue after being woken up

by Jbac10

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sleeping action is stuck in queue after being woken up

★★★ Newbie

So, if sim is stucked with sleep cation, you suggest to replace hid bed?

Message 31 of 53 (2,356 Views)

an action wont go away

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, island living, parenthood, cats and dogs, dine out, toddlers, university, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just make the sim do an action. for me it's usually sleeping
What happens when the bug occurs? The icon won't go away and she won't do what the icon says. even after I cancel it
What do you expect to see? It not going away
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There is always 'sleep' at the bottom left and it wont let me cancel it. it never goes and it makes gameplay harder because it wont let me do certain things

Message 32 of 53 (1,645 Views)

Re: an action wont go away

Hero
@poppopshell I merged your post with existing thread on this.

QA is looking for save so if you could provide yours, that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 53 (1,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Multiple times per time I play, 1-3/8 sims in the lot at the same time. This issue can happen whenever a sim is woken from nap or sleep; method of waking can be baby, toddler, child, work/school or player cancelling nap/sleep.
What is your current game version number? PC 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, cats & dogs, Magic, vampires (I have all the expansions and most of the game packs, but haven’t downloaded the others)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It just happens sometimes (baby, toddler or child waking sim; auto wake from nap for work/school) or when player cancels nap or sleep. I have had it happen with every life stage from toddler through adult (no elders yet).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I just bought the original game two weeks ago and splurged on the packs within the next few days; due to covid and rural internet limits, I’m limited in how quickly I can download.

It just happens sometimes (baby, toddler or child waking sim; auto wake from nap for work/school) or when player cancels nap or sleep. I have had it happen with every life stage from toddler through adult (no elders yet). Sometimes the sleep icon stays with the x, sometimes it stays without the x. I’ve tried 1-8 person households, prebuild and player builds, player created sims and premade sims. I have no idea how/why it happens, but it’s frustrating to find that your sim won’t even use the bathroom at work/school because the sleep icon is still there. I haven’t had anyone die do to the issue because I micromanaged every single action; I did kill one teen in an 8 person who had this happening every single sim day from toddlerhood on, and the big chose a new favorite in the household.

I’ll read through the process to submit a save.
Message 34 of 53 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I'm not the person you responded to but I have this error as well. I attempted to attach the save file here but it's telling me unsupported extension type... gonna see if I can post it anyway. One of my Sims just always wants to be sleeping. 

Message 35 of 53 (1,511 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sleeping action is stuck in queue after being woken up

★★★ Newbie

Hi I HAVE A SOLUTION

I had this problem every "day" in the sims world. I would have to save and restart my game every 15 minutes for the broken action to go away.

Quicker fix - I put the sim in its bed, go to the build menu, move the bed the sim is sleeping in, (the sim stands up where the bed was) move the bed back, and then resume play and the broken action would be gone.

I play on xbox one, hope this helps you.  

Message 36 of 53 (1,455 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sleeping action is stuck in queue after being woken up

★ Guide

I get the sleep stuck thing all the time. I just use testing cheats on, then shift click my sim, debug sim. It cancels what they are doing but also the sleep action. 

Message 37 of 53 (1,425 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SimGuruIcarus When you say: Have you tried repairing the game after removing your mods and CC?

Can you give me a step by step as to how to do that?

Thanks!
Message 38 of 53 (1,366 Views)

Hero
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 53 (1,357 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this similar problem and something else as well.  My SIMS stay asleep after woohoo and are also at a standstill when attempting to drink any potion.

Help with this please.

Message 40 of 53 (1,332 Views)