by Anonymous

Original Post

[OPEN] Skin details not staying on toddlers/ kids

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP06: 1.assets.ml-gp06.83
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Edit sims in create a sim and apply skin details to a toddler (freckles, moles, etc.) Click off to another member of the household or exit create a sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Skin details that were previously added to toddlers disappear both from entering create a sim from live mode and from manage worlds.
What do you expect to see? The skin details stay on the sim after they are added.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch on September 5th

I checked toddlers, children, teens, and adults and so far it’s only the toddlers that are affected. I tried removing mods and custom content and that did not help. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 13 (7,196 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Skin details not staying on toddlers

★★★ Apprentice

I've had the same problem with both my toddler and children sims. I've found that if I apply the details while they're in the "everyday" outfit category, the details stick throughout all the other outfit categories. This includes exiting and re-entering CAS. 

Message 2 of 13 (7,118 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this, could you possibly share a save file to help us better investigate this? Thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 13 (7,077 Views)
Highlighted

Anonymous

Hi, just a note that I'm having this issue now. All up to date, both with and without mods/cc. Other toddler Sims in the same household have had skin details without problem, but this one (toddler A) just won't.

I made another toddler (toddler B) in the household and that toddler ( B ) could use skin details properly. I deleted the bugged toddler ( A ), at which point the new toddler ( B ) also became bugged and could not use the skin details properly.

If I again make a third toddler ( C ),they work fine but the second toddler ( B ) remains bugged.

I removed toddler B and made a fourth toddler (toddler D). Now, both toddlers C and D can use skin details properly.

They're all (half) mermaids, but I don't think that's the issue here given the people with the same problem had it prior to that.

Note: I kept playing with it from there and it seemed to be pretty random. Sometimes the randomised twin worked with skin details, sometimes not. Sometimes a differently generated toddler worked with skin details, sometimes not. There didn't seem to be any logic to it.

My save is here, they'll look a bit wacky without the CC but the same is happening with the EA skin details (and without my mods folder in and caches cleared etc) https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjmIPAGbIe7QhE6CcQRflcYmZemX?e=BUiNAV @SimGuruNick 

Message 4 of 13 (7,019 Views)

Anonymous

Having this issue again in a different save, different install, different computer Frown

Message 5 of 13 (6,945 Views)

★★ Novice
@Anonymous Same here! My toddler sims who are currently having this problem are all four mermaids, so that may have to do with the bug. And it’s very weird because, like you said, three of the four will be able to keep their skin details. It’s toddler number four who looses them outside of cas.
Message 6 of 13 (6,652 Views)

Hero
@Random_Bagel05 Did you send your save to QA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (6,622 Views)

★★★ Novice

Try swapping to "Swimwear" when you're making the changes. Like a previous comment mentioned, changes to toddler skin details made when the default outfit isn't active don't seem to stick. For most toddler sims, switching to Everyday lets the changes stay,  but for mermaids, it looks like it's Swimwear. I was having this issue with mermaid toddlers until I started swapping to Swimwear, and I haven't had any issues since.

Message 8 of 13 (6,573 Views)

All skin details dissapear kids

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Living and Realm of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a kid in your household. Go to edit household. Put a skin detail on the child (ex. freckles). Then change to another sim or go into live mode. All skin details are gone.
What happens when the bug occurs? (This happened both when I removed CC and when I didnt) All skin details on the child dissapears. This still happens if I restart the game. I have a pair of twins and this only happens with one of them. They had the exact same skin details equipped (spelling??).
What do you expect to see? That the skin details do not dissapear from the kid when I change to another sim or load into live mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It started to happen when the kids got aged up to kids, and I think it just happens with kids. because I havent seen it with adults.

Message 9 of 13 (6,185 Views)

Re: All skin details dissapear kids

Hero
@Rbml77 Also merged this one with existing thread.

This one also needs saves.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (6,175 Views)