by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Skill percentage goes beyond 100% and sometimes drops

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Skill with toddlers
What happens when the bug occurs? The skill bar continues to go up and up beyond 100%
What do you expect to see? Skill bar not going beyond 100%
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

While playing with the new toddler update I looked to explore and achieve maximum level in all toddler skills. At this moment I have been able to complete the Potty skill but while en route to complete the Communication skill I am stuck at level four. Instead of moving to level 5 only the completion percentage goes up. I actually have completed 1074% of level four of the Communication skill with one of my toddlers and the other is at 1029% complete level 4.

Help!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 49 (8,955 Views)

Re: Toddler Communication Skill Stuck at Level 4. Percentage Still Goes Up.

Hero

Are you using and mods in your game ?

Have you tried resetting the toddler ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 49 (8,885 Views)

Toddler Skills Stuck

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I can't finish my sims toddler skills. No matter how much I try it's stuck on 4. I don't have mods or cc in my game.  

Message 3 of 49 (8,886 Views)

Re: Toddler Skills Stuck

Hero

Hi @Zomkay

merged your thread.

Could you try resetting the toddler with the cheat resetsim firstname lastname

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 49 (8,868 Views)

Re: Toddler Skills Stuck

★★ Novice

I just restarted my game and that fixed it.

Message 5 of 49 (8,854 Views)

Toddlers Skills Are Glitched

★★★★ Novice
My toddler's skill gaining is stupid glitched. As shes learning something the skill meter will go up like normal then for some reason will drop back down.
For instance, the meter will be up to 40% then her and my adult Sim (or even when shes just learning by herself) will freeze for a second or a few seconds then the bar will drop down to 10%, and worst, when the bar is at 95% and it will drop back down to 50 or 45%.

But Iv also ran into a progress stopping glitch in where the bar will be full and the message will pop up saying her skill ranked up but the skill still says she didn't and the bar will continue to get higher and higher.
But just now her skill bar is just completely broken and no matter how many times I restart my game AND laptop, shes stuck at rank 4 communication even though the game says she got rank 5.
I even aged her up to see if it was just not showing up and sure enough she didn't get the bonus. So is saying she got it but it also says she didnt.
Now she forever has the progress bar about her head and no matter what wont go away.

Iv moved and remade my Sims folders and removed and readded my mods and CC even tho I already had mods and CC disabled for that save game and iv done a Repair on it aswell.
Message 6 of 49 (8,850 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Toddlers Skills Are Glitched

Hero

Hi

there seems to be an issue where the skill bar goes over 100%. Did you ever see that too ?

Yours does sound slightly different though.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 49 (8,836 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I tried that 2 times and it did not work. And yes ONE of the problems is it will go past 100 and not rank up thats what the picture I posted shows. And also the bar dropping (meaning like going from 24% back down to 8% is happening to all my sims not just my toddlers.

Message 8 of 49 (8,801 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 49 (8,794 Views)

Re: Toddler Skill Stuck. Percentage continues to go up

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 49 (8,810 Views)