[FIXED] Sims won't stay in bed

by TrinityBabe

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Sims won't stay in bed

★★★ Apprentice
I'll do it when I get up tomorrow, Crin.
Message 11 of 355 (9,143 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims won't stay in bed

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a new game where this has just started for me as well.  I've just repaired my game and will see if it's fixed.  If not, I'll get you the save file.  I also tried replacing the bed, first, and no change.  She has two dogs and two cats.  I'll lock them out of the room and see if that has any effect.

Edit:  Repair didn't fix it nor did locking out the pets.  I PM'd you a link to the save file.  Hope I did it right.

Second Edit:  Just an FYI, I have a different game that I started when it came out (C&D) and I have no issue with their sleeping.  I just checked it and it's fine.  They have a house I built on the 20 x 20 lot in Cavalier Cove (near the beach).  The other game is also a house I built in the same neighbourhood (different game) on the 64 x 64 lot.  I started that game last night to it's after the most recent patch.  My unaffected game was started shortly after the launch of C&D.

Message 12 of 355 (9,126 Views)

Re: Sims won't stay in bed

Hero

Added this to inconclusive pets issues for now as it's unclear what's causing it.

Need more info and saves would also be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 355 (9,084 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

A sim can wake up if a cat is scratching on a waste disposal but that's obvious. But in live mode If sims are in bed and you switch to build/buy mode when you come back the sims will stand up by the bed. Not if they are sitting though.

Message 14 of 355 (9,078 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I forgot to add that a sim was getting out of bed when I enter build/buy after the big patch 1.36.99.1020 and on an old save. Today, I went playing that old save after Cats & Dogs installation and a repair and everything was fine.

Message 15 of 355 (9,054 Views)

Hero

Going to bump this for more info.

Anyone else seeing this where it's not pets or music keeping them up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 355 (9,025 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Starting a fresh save, I'll keep you updated crin
Message 17 of 355 (9,009 Views)

Child and teen sims get out of bed for no reason

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim doesn't move
What do you expect to see? Teens and children get stuck outside the bed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever i tell my teens or children to go to bed, they change into their sleepwear as normal but get into the bed and back out straight away, or sometimes they will sleep and randomly get out of bed at 4am and their energy is still half way. They will just get out of bed but stand there for hours, and the interaction for " Sleep " is still there on the bottom left. 

As you can see in the picture, my child sim is awake but the interaction says he is sleeping and he is just standing there, he went into the bed but got back out straight away and stood there for a few hours till i cancelled the " sleep " interaction..

Message 18 of 355 (8,973 Views)

Re: Child and teen sims get out of bed for no reason

Hero

And there's no sound playing that could disturb them ? Did you try replacing beds and having them sleep in another bed ? Tried a different household and save to see if it's a general issue or household specific ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 355 (8,967 Views)

Re: Child and teen sims get out of bed for no reason

★ Guide

No sound is disturbing them, and I've replaced the bed many times and the issue only occurs sometimes, but when it does its very annoying. It only happens in this household, i've been playing it for a while, its a second generation family.

Message 20 of 355 (8,959 Views)