Re: Sims won't stay in bed.

by SirisGen

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims won't stay in bed

★★★★★ Novice

This happened to me. Easy Fix! Put your sims bed in the household inventory and then put it back in the room and get your sim to sleep. works for me! (:

Message 91 of 355 (2,083 Views)

★★ Novice

I seem to be having the same issue with my latest save. One of the roommates wont stay asleep long, as putting him to bed has the action go quite fast and wakes him up naturally after 1-2 hours regardless of how tired he actually is. 

Iv'e tried some of the possible fixes such as restarting the game and getting a new bed which had no effect. I also used the latest suggestion of putting the bed (double bed) in household inventory but that didn't seem to work, but on his roommates bed (a single)  which I also put in the inventory he was able to sleep fully in it. 

Message 92 of 355 (2,062 Views)

Hero

Hi @SirisGen 

would you be willing to share your saves with QA ?

Instructions can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 355 (2,055 Views)

★★ Novice

I also tried getting him a single bed as well (though not the same one) to test if it could have been an issue with double beds. When that didnt work I tried getting his roommate to claim it as hers and trying again, however that dint work either. Meanwhile he seems to be able to still sleep in her bed. Confused

Message 94 of 355 (2,040 Views)

Hero

Hi @SirisGen 

I checked your save (hopefully the right one).

There's a stereo playing in one of the rooms. Try turning that off or removing from the bedroom.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 95 of 355 (2,027 Views)

★★ Novice
That seemed to be the issue. Idk how I didnt notice that xd. Thanks
Message 96 of 355 (2,023 Views)

Hero
Glad that fixed it for you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 97 of 355 (2,012 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same here. But xbox 1. Started happening after install of Get Together
Message 98 of 355 (1,990 Views)

Hero

Hi @meperkey 

did you make sure it's none of the factors on the first page ? If not, please create a new thread for console.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 99 of 355 (1,984 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Sims won't stay in bed

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This is still a problem which has a random chance in the game to happen.  Replacing beds and resetting the sims doesn't seem to resolve the issue, however going into Manage World does, so giving a save game file will not show the issue taking place.

The issue I saw took place with 2 sims, one was in a double bed and the other was in a single bed.  The sim in the double bed was sharing with another who was sleeping just fine.  There was nothing to keep them from sleeping like no music or TV playing, no kids or pets, no wind chimes, all were adults.  There was no moodlets to show they were disturbed by something.  I had recently done a game repair before the issue too.

This issue seems to be coupled with a world of other problems where sims cancel doing whatever it was they were told to do or being stuck in place and actions remaining on the screen when cancelled.  I don't know if they're all related but I'll post them in a different post to be certain.

Message 100 of 355 (1,948 Views)