Re: Child wont sleep for longer than 30 seconds and wakes up, screams and is ten

by Georgiapeach8

Original Post

Re: Sims Won't Sleep

Hero

Hi @gerriveltri

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Do you have any wind chimes in the room ?

If not, would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 355 (3,072 Views)

Re: Child wont sleep for longer than 30 seconds and wakes up, screams and is ten

★★★★ Guide

I just had something very similar happen to a sim in my game yesterday. I was checking out build mode for the new goodies and afterward decided to play a few moments. One of my played sims went over to her friend's house and the dude kept getting in and out of bed. (no mods, no pets in the household, no bad weather). With my played sims, it's usually because their queue had the bed icon stuck, so I tried resetting the sim. No good. I switched gameplay to him to see if I could see anything but didn't spot anything out of the ordinary. His [vampire[ energy was about halfway full, hunger was only in the yellow. I put him to bed and he stayed there like normal from that point. Got it on video at least though IDK if it will insert at the moment...so bizarre.

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Message 62 of 355 (3,059 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I have a similar version of this bug with teenagers in single beds: The Sim will go to bed, get up immediately and then stand like frozen in front of the bed while the sleeping symbol in the queue continues. This can be fixed by resetting the Sim or moving the bed in build mode. The second try to send the teen to bed is always successful.

This bug is very old and was gone for a long time, but it seems to have returned with one of the recent patches. It happens every night with one of my Sims.

Message 63 of 355 (3,030 Views)

Hero
Guess your save would be useful then :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 355 (3,020 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone.

We are still unable to reproduce this issue at our end. If someone is still experiencing this issue, could you send us a video or save file?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

We had no luck so far Frown

Thank you very much! 

Message 65 of 355 (2,929 Views)

★ Apprentice

I started having the same issue as soon I installed Cats and Dogs. Here's a video of the problem!

Message 66 of 355 (2,838 Views)

Hero

Hi @Georgiapeach8

are you willing to share your save as per @SimGuruIcarus instructions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 67 of 355 (2,809 Views)

★ Apprentice

I will share my save, but do I send in a private message or should I post it?

Message 68 of 355 (2,797 Views)

Hero
Whatever you prefer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 355 (2,791 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have sent it! Hope it helps!

Message 70 of 355 (2,784 Views)