[NEEDS SAVES] Sims will not wash dishes (Patch 1.63)

by Demiliaxox

Original Post

Re: Sims won't clean up the dishes

Hero
@DCAtje I merged your post with a more current thread but if you have dishes in half walls or a ladder only house, please let me know so I can move this post to the according thread for those.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 118 (924 Views)

Re: Sims won't clean up the dishes

★ Novice
@DCAtje this is exactly the same issue im having! i saw someone years ago hired a maid, and for some people that worked and for some it didnt, if its something your sims can manage(or if you want to cheat and give them the money) have you tried that? it didnt work for me, but it might for you
Message 82 of 118 (916 Views)

They are constantly puting dirty dishes in the bedroom on the set of furniture.

★★★ Apprentice

...even if they have enough space in the kitchen, or it would be better if they cleaned it in the dishwasher or washed it in the sink. No one is lazy or anything like that and all this things they have there.

Message 83 of 118 (905 Views)

Re: They are constantly puting dirty dishes in the bedroom on the set of furnitu

Hero

@JSpaxcz 

I see that happening in my game too.  I agree that the dishes should always be taken to a dishwasher or sink, preferably in the kitchen, I have a sort of workaround to stop it most of the time.  I just put a deco clutter object wherever they tend to put dishes if I don't want them to go there.  It usually has to be something small.  Once you do that, the sims will find another place to drop the dirty dishes so you might have to do it a few times until they stop doing that.   

Hope this helps.

Message 84 of 118 (868 Views)

Re: They are constantly puting dirty dishes in the bedroom on the set of furnitu

Hero
@JSpaxcz I'm merging your post in the the issue where Sims can't dishes. What you're seeing is actually one cause for the dish issue and it shouldn't be happening (especially since it's supposed to be fixed).

Maybe new shelves still have the issue though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 85 of 118 (840 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims will not wash dishes (Patch 1.63)

★ Guide

Sims (still) refuse to wash dishes. I think I started to see this happen after the Cottage Living came out. I even removed the light from top of the sink to see if it's somehow on their way and looked for dishes on shelves. They have multiple sinks in the house as well as dishwasher. Still when ordered to clean dishes, they just pick up the plates and place them back down. Sometimes they pile them all together but never take them to wash. 

All Expansion packs, all Game packs and Stuff packs except  Journey to Batuu. Kits I have: Carnaval Streetwear, Industrial Loft, Country Kitchen, Blooming rooms, Throwback Fit.

I have completely reinstalled the game (May 2021)

versio nro

Message 86 of 118 (801 Views)

Sims place dirty dishes on coffee table when 'Clean Up' or 'Load Dishwasher'

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP21: 1.assets.ml-sp21.85
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living Snowy Escape Eco Lifestyle Discover University Island Living Get Famous Seasons Cats & Dogs City Living Get Together Get To Work My Wedding Stories Dream Home Decorator Realm of Magic Strangerville Jungle Adventure Parenthood Vampires Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat Paranormal Nifty Knitting Tiny Living Moschino Laundry Day Romantic Garden Movie Hangout Spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This may be occurring in other worlds/circumstances, but I'll describe the circumstances for the family I am playing currently: 1) Cottage Living 2) 2 Olde Mill Lane Lot 3) Industrial Dishwasher Unit 4) Several sinks To replicate: 1) Click on a dirty dish 2) Select 'Clean Up' or 1) Click on dishwasher 2) Select 'Load Dishwasher'
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims do not wash dishes in the dishwasher. Instead, they pick up all dirty dishes, walk to the living room, and place the dirty dishes on the coffee table or a nearby shelf if the coffee table is full.
What do you expect to see? Sims use dishwasher or sink to wash dishes. Sims do not place dirty dishes on the coffee table or nearby shelf.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Also, this has been occurring for a long time (months?). 

Message 87 of 118 (804 Views)

Re: Sims place dirty dishes on coffee table when 'Clean Up' or 'Load Dishwasher'

Hero
@thehautemess This usually happens if you have dishes stuck somewhere on a shelf or a half wall. Sims can't clean those up and just leave the pile whereever.

You need to find those and manually remove.

I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 88 of 118 (768 Views)

Sims can't wash dishes if some are on high shelves

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? put some high shelves or displays with empty spaces near the kitchen or dinning room; after a while, when sims fail to wash dishes for some reason, like when the action is interrupted, they may leave the dishes on high places (the displays or shelves)
What happens when the bug occurs? sims will not be able to pick up those dishes again, making them unable to complete Clean interaction on dirty dishes, forcing the player to play a "find the object game" around the house to find plates on unreachable positions
What do you expect to see? the sims complete the Clean dishes interaction, ignoring the dishes on high shelves OR they are able to pick up those dishes again
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

this bug was previously fixed but has came back, it's the same of: Solved: [FIXED] Sims can't wash dishes if some are on shelves - Page 7 - Answer HQ

there's a post on reddit where the dishes are on the shelves: The Dirty Dishes Bug! When sims won’t wash dishes and you find their hiding spots. OMG look at all t...

it's from years ago, but the bug has returned

my sims wouldn't clean the dishes until I found one on the Athlete's Trophy Case high on a wall and put it back on the floor.

my sims are populating the high shelves again and not being able to pick up after that

Bienchen has a mod that fixes this issue, but I'm not using mods anymore so I can help find bugs and post here.

my suggestion: if there's no easy way to make the sim pick the plate from the shelf again, maybe change the interaction to just wash what it could pick and is on its hand instead of putting down again, because sometimes it turns into a "snowball" as the sim puts the pile of dishes on another high shelf making more dishes be placed at unroutable positions.

here is my save file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1D8fxxAXl-wGyJLn-Tst8q3OgKkGUq3FV?usp=sharing

Message 89 of 118 (754 Views)

Re: Sims can't wash dishes if some are on high shelves

the save file in the saves folder is the Slot_00000002.save, I think, the one named DISHES BUG

Message 90 of 118 (702 Views)