[NEEDS SAVES] Sims will not wash dishes (Patch 1.63)

by Demiliaxox

Original Post

Re: Bug: Won't clean up dishes anymore

Community Manager

Hey @Fairladyz1731 your video is not showing up, you may need to upload it again.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 71 of 118 (665 Views)

Sims not cleaning up dishes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims put dishes back on table when asked to clean up instead of cleaning up.
What do you expect to see? Sims taking dishes to either trash, sink, or washing machine when ask them to clean up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I ask my sims to clean up they put the dish back onto the table or counter instead of bringing it to the trash, sink, or washing machine. This happened after I installed the new expansion pack, Cottage Living.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted game version

Message 72 of 118 (634 Views)

Re: Bug: Won't clean up dishes anymore

Hero
@Fairladyz1731 Is this solved for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 73 of 118 (609 Views)

Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all extension packs. all game pack apart from Star Wars. All stuff packs apart from spooky.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims won't clean up plates they pick them up and put them back down.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims won't clean up plates they pick them up and put them back down.
What do you expect to see? The sims to clean the plates up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The house was downloaded from the gallery.

I'm not sure how to do videos of the sims on my Mac.

Message 74 of 118 (549 Views)

Re: Bug

★★★ Pro

It the house builds with MMO(Cheat: MoveObjects)? Have you tried to place a new sink in another space? Or remove the clutter? For testing purpose please remove clutter or build a new kitchen and try it again. Is the issue still there?

Another Question; Have you this problem too with other houses or only with this house?

Message 75 of 118 (528 Views)

Hero
@katdodd I merged your post with the main thread on this.

There's currently three reasons for this:

- You have a house full of ladders. They can't carry dishes down ladders
- There's a dish on a half-wall they can't remove
- There's dishes on some shelves they can't remove.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 118 (517 Views)

★★ Guide

I experience this bug since a short while, even though I have two restaurants for over a year now without this issue, so it recently started happening. Reading through various topics as old as from 2015 I was a bit hopeless about the situation till I read about half walls and ladders being an issue. Both my restaurants have no ladder, but half walls. In my first restaurant I replaced half walls by normal walls, deleted all dirty dishes that were on the half walls/shelves. After this, it seems solved. Thinking

Message 77 of 118 (460 Views)

Sims keep cancelling dishes

★ Novice

I don't have anything obstructing the dishwasher, sinks, or trash cans in the house, my chairs are all straightened, and yet...
My sims(all sims in current household) cancel the 'clean up' action with the dishes after collecting them all into a pile(4 plates, usually, sometimes less) and scraping food off into the trash can. 

I know this was a common issue back in 2014, but I haven't experienced this in years. I've tried removing mods and cc to see if something I added was conflicting with this, I moved the dishwasher and sink just in case, and nothing seems to be working. The sim will scrape off food, go stand and idle by the dining room table for a few seconds, and then just set the dishes down and go about their day. 

Does anyone have this issue currently?? Is there any fix??

Message 78 of 118 (436 Views)

Re: Sims keep cancelling dishes

Hero
@yuckymushrooms I merged your post with the main thread but if you have dishes in half walls or a ladder only house, please let me know so I can move this post to the according thread for those.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 79 of 118 (398 Views)

Re: Sims won't clean up the dishes

★★★★ Novice

I know this was a problem in 2015, but I'm having it rn, there is nothing blocking the sink or dishwasher, they work all perfectly fine. Even if I place them in an open sport with nothing next to them, the sims won't do the disches. It is verry anoying bcs they even have disches on the upper level, they pick them up and let them down on the exact same spot. even tho there is a sink next to it in the bathroom. I can drag them in myself and then they are gone, but it is an annoying issue

Message 80 of 118 (394 Views)